- Lead the implementation of the Bachelor of Professional Studies (BPS) program ensuring appropriate course scheduling and availability for adult learners and veterans.
- Ensure that faculty teaching core BPS courses are properly credentialed and trained
- Teach courses within the BPS core with assignments based on expertise and program needs
- Lead the Professional Studies Advisory Committee in activities such as periodically updating curriculum and concentrations and assisting with program assessment.
- Establish and maintain regional collaborations leading to student recruitment.
- Coordinate and liaise with other units of the University such as Extended Studies, Military, Adult, & Transfer Services (MATS), and Registrar to ensure effective and seamless coordination of registration, enrollment, academic support, and career management services offered to BPS students.
- Collaborate with the office of Adult Programs and the chair of the Department of Interdisciplinary Studies to generate program collateral for marketing, maintain program records, and assist with academic program reviews.
- In consultation with chair of Department of Interdisciplinary Studies, manage program office, associated personnel, and program budget.
- Participate in professional development opportunities related to adult learners and working professionals including market trends and recruitment and retention strategies.
- Maintain an appropriate level of scholarly engagement and professional stewardship commensurate with senior rank.
- Regularly consult with chair of Department of Interdisciplinary Studies; participate as appropriate in departmental, college, and university activities.
A 10.5 month, full-time, tenure-track position. Start date will be either January 1, 2019, or August 1, 2019, depending on final candidate’s availability.
- PhD in Higher Education Administration or related field.
- Demonstrated commitment to working with adult learners and continuing professional education.
- Demonstrated experience in teaching in higher education.
- An established record of scholarship and service commensurate with senior rank.
- Demonstrated success in collaborating with diverse populations, broadly defined.
- Experience with developing and maintaining community partnerships.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with program development and implementation.
- Understanding of prior learning assessment tools.
- Minimum of five years of work experience in a higher education setting and at least three years of higher education administration experience.
- Application review will begin on October 15, 2018.
- Applications must be submitted through Interfolio, and should consist of the following:
- Letter of interest that addresses required qualifications
- Current CV
- Statement of teaching philosophy
- Three letters of recommendation