Posting Number: 0601216
Position Type: Full-Time
Instruction of and supervision in Education courses.
Master’s degree with 18 or more graduate hours in Education or a related field from a regionally accredited institution; public school teacher certification; experience teaching in public schools; Computer literacy; Ability to teach students from a wide spectrum of ages and from diverse cultural and social backgrounds, including high school students enrolled in dual credit classes; Excellent work ethic; and Documented commitment to teaching excellence.
Doctoral degree in Education or related field; Two or more years of college-level teaching experience and experience with classroom technology. Experience teaching pre-service teachers; Experience with concurrent enrollment. Experience with teacher certification processes in Texas; Experience with conflict resolution.
Specific Position Duties:
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge in the teaching field;
- Demonstrates willingness and ability to teach various courses, times, locations, and delivery methods, as needed and as reasonably requested by the college;
- Utilizes appropriately challenging coursework to help students realize their full potential as learners;
- Provides students with written expectations, e.g., syllabi, policies, assignment instructions, graded evaluations, etc.;
- Administers tests which are appropriate to course content, including a comprehensive final exam measuring overall grasp of course objectives;
- By ways and means of instructing students, affirms the worth and dignity of all persons and the right of all persons to learn;
- Maintains an appropriate learning and assessment climate in the classroom, whether traditional, web, or distance, which encourages the free exchange of ideas while defending academic honesty and objectivity;
- Prepares adequately for class and arrives promptly at class meetings, labs, and any other scheduled instructional activities;
- Delivers material in a clear and understandable manner;
- Addresses student concerns, i.e., comments, questions, and input, both in class and via posted office hours, timely electronic communication, and other suitable means;
- Teach assigned courses in the curriculum;
- Teach Web, Web-enhanced, and ITV classes as requested, using a variety of instructional technologies including Tegrity;
- Teach collegeNow (Dual Credit) classes to locations in the west Texas area;
- Assist with recruitment, advising, and retention activities as well as participate in various departmental and campus-wide committees; and
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Varied according to scheduleRequired Applicant Documents:
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Teaching Philosophy
- Unofficial Transcript 1
Optional Applicant Documents:
- Letter of Reference 1
- Unofficial Transcript 2
- Unofficial Transcript 3