Minnesota State University Moorhead is committed to diversity in its programs and activities, and actively seeks to hire persons who share in that commitment.
We are currently seeking applicants for the following positions:
1. Assistant professor, Literacy
- Earned doctorate by date of appointment in Literacy Education, Reading, or closely-related field
- Minimum of three years of full-time teaching experience in P-8 classrooms
- Demonstrated effectiveness teaching undergraduate or graduate literacy courses
- Demonstrated cultural competence working with students of diverse backgrounds, their families, and their communities
2. Assistant professor, Early Childhood Education; tenure-track position
- Earned doctorate by date of appointment in early childhood education, child development or related discipline
- Significant graduate coursework in early childhood, child development, or related discipline
- Minimum of three years full-time experience working in an early childhood educational setting and/or family service setting
- Demonstrated effectiveness teaching undergraduate early childhood education courses
- Demonstrated cultural competence working with students from diverse backgrounds, and their families and communities
3. Assistant Professor of Special Education Probationary, tenure-track position, 9 month position
- Doctoral Degree in Special Education, Education, or Related Field by the time of first contract day
- Record of three or more years of successful teaching experience in K-12 Special Education settings including teaching students with differing levels of disability severity (mild, moderate, and/or severe)
- Record of special education licensure in one or more of the following disability areas: Learning Disabilities, Emotional/Behavioral Disorders, Autism, and/or Development/Cognitive Disabilities
- Record of experience with diverse populations
- Record of collaborative experiences
- Demonstrated commitment to an inclusive philosophy
- Evidence of strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication
4. Assistant Professor of Social Foundations of Education Probationary, tenure-track position, 9 month position
- Doctorate in Social Foundations of Education, Social Justice Education, Multicultural Education, Teacher Education, Educational Foundations, Educational Studies, or closely related field
- Minimum three years of classroom teaching experience within a U.S. secondary public school setting
- Demonstrated success in university teaching in social, historical, and/or philosophical foundations of education
- Demonstrated understanding ofhisto1ical and contemporary issues as they relate to American Public Schooling, including Education Policy
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse population including being sensitive to their academic and social needs
- Experience or interest in field-based teaching and collaborative models of bridging Kl2 schools/university classrooms
- Research interests in areas that further teaching and learning in a globally interconnected, diverse society in areas such as social justice; sustainability; globalization; culturally-relevant pedagogy; democratic education
- Demonstrated strong ability to foster middle school, high school, and/or community relationships and engage in learning collaboratively with students, community partners, staff, and colleagues
5. Assistant Professor of K-6 Science Methods & Classroom Assessment
- Earned doctorate in science education, education assessment, or curriculum and instruction with a focus in either science methods or education assessment, or closely related field.
- Graduate coursework in curriculum and instruction
- Minimum three years full-time teaching, working in an elementary educational setting in the United States
- Demonstrated ability to effectively teach undergraduate teacher education courses in elementary science methods and/or classroom assessment.
- Evidence of cultural competence working with students from diverse backgrounds.
Application Information and Deadline:
Apply by going to the following website and clicking on the position for which you are applying: http://www.mnstate.edu/humanresources/employment/unclassified/
Completed application must include a cover letter that addresses the qualifications, experience, and responsibilities identified in the vacancy notice. Submit cover letter, vita, unofficial transcript, and names and contact information for at least three professional references.
Screening of complete applications will begin on April 10, 2017 and continue until the position is filled.