Posting Number: F0001928
Location: Multiple Locations
Advertised Salary: Salary commensurate with qualifications pursuant to the FSU and FNTFO/AFT Agreement
Employee Class: F3 – Faculty-Full-Time Temp. 9-Mo
At Will/Just Cause: Just Cause
Summary of PositionThis is a 2-year, 9-month temporary position within the College of Education (teaching emphasis on Early Childhood Education). Faculty members also have professional responsibilities that may include continuing professional development; participation in curriculum development and university committees; orientation, recruitment, and registration of students; keeping regular posted office hours (which are scheduled at times convenient for students), and participation in traditional functions which have academic significance. Faculty may be required to teach off-campus or in an on-line environment.
Position Type: Faculty – Temporary & Continuing
Required EducationMaster’s Degree with academic preparation in Early Childhood Education.
Required Work ExperienceAt least 2 year of classroom teaching experience in U.S. preschool or younger.
Additional Education/Experiences to be ConsideredUniversity teaching experience in Early Childhood Education.
Internal/External Posting: External
Special Instructions to ApplicantsCover letter, resume, and unofficial transcripts are required. Official transcripts are required at time of hire.
- Ability to teach Early Childhood Education core classes on-campus and off-campus, as necessary.
- Actively participate with department. Attend monthly department meetings. Attend both on-campus and off-campus recruitment events.
- Fulfill mandatory course semester assessment requirements.
- Advise students in Early Childhood Education
- Assist with Accredidation process.
- Assist in placement and supervision of Early Childhood Interns.