Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required by the Position:
- Ability to work with a broad spectrum of student abilities
- Ability to supervise and evaluate student practicum experiences in the public school setting
- Commitment to learner-centered learning
- Ability to work for an organization that believes in academic freedom, freedom of speech, caring regard for colleagues and students, and shared ownership through collaboration
- Ability to work in a collaborative fashion in an environment that values collegiality and respectful-and-caring treatment of all
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Verbal and written communication skills reflective of graduate preparation in Education
- Experience using technology as an instructional tool; Blackboard experience preferred
- Evidence of strong interpersonal communication and management skills, topped off with a good sense of humor
- Ability to work productively with other faculty, administrators, students, and the local community
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively as part of a team
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Candidate must have a passion for teaching-and-learning, life-long learning as it applies to themselves, externally visible scholarly activity and for fun in the workplace.
- Candidate should have an on-going desire to contribute to the collegiate life of the institution.
- Master’s degree in Education
- Five years of classroom teaching experience.
- Teaching experience at the elementary or secondary level
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- Classroom and office setting
- Employer paid retirement plan (16.37% employer paid; .25% employee paid)
- Group Health, Dental and Life 20 days paid annual leave
- Four days per year paid personal leave
- Paid medical, emergency and bereavement leave
- Employee and family tuition waivers
- Three free meals per week in modern campus dining facility
- Free easy-access parking
- Collaborative work environment
- Onsite fitness center and walking track
- Verizon, Microsoft, Dell and HP employee discounts
- Professional development
Gillette College is located in Gillette, WY, the county seat of Campbell County. Located midway between the Big Horn Mountains to the West and the Black Hills of South Dakota to the east. Gillette is a growing, family-friendly community and enjoys a very strong economy due to energy-related industries located there.
Sheridan College is located in historic Sheridan, WY at the foot of the beautiful Big Horn Mountains, minutes away from a variety of outdoor recreational activities. Sheridan is ranked “America’s Top Western Town” by True West magazine and is a vibrant community. Sheridan College is a vital component in the community.
NWCCD also includes a small campus site in Buffalo, WY.
APPLY ONLINE AT: https://jobs.sheridan.edu