Central Connecticut State University seeks a full-time tenure-track Assistant Professor for the NCATE-accredited Department of Educational Leadership, Policy, and Instructional Technology beginning fall 2018. Currently offering ELCC-recognized leadership programs including Master (M.S.) degrees in Teacher Leadership and in Educational Technology, post-Master licensure programs for intermediate school leaders (Sixth Year Certificate) and for superintendents, and an Ed.D. in Educational Leadership with PK-12 and Higher Education strands, the department provides leadership at national, state, and local levels related to learning and assessment, professional and organizational learning, social justice, education policy, and educational technology.
- Doctorate in education with emphasis in educational leadership and administration or closely related field of study;
- A record of excellence or potential excellence in teaching, research, service, and professional participation that merits appointment as an assistant professor;
- Major specialization in one or more of the following areas: 1) school and district leadership; 2) teaching/learning/cognition; 3) social emotional learning; 4) organizational development, school improvement, and teacher leadership; 5) family and community engagement with schools; and, 6) educational policy;
- U. S. public school teaching experience;
- Research that focuses on leading, teaching, and learning in preK-12 settings; and,
- Commitment to preparing educators to support social justice, equity, diversity, and a culture of success for all children.
- Background appropriate to teach research methods, particularly quantitative methods, for advising doctoral student research in topics related to leadership and school improvement;
- Successful experience teaching educational leadership courses at the graduate level;
- Content preparation and experience focused on English learners or Special Education;
- Demonstrated expertise in online course design and delivery;
- A research agenda that addresses leadership issues including social justice and equity;
- Experience in U. S. public education as a district and/or school leader; and,
- Experience with accreditation (CAEP/NCATE/ELCC) and implementation of performance assessment.
For more information and application instructions go to: https://hrat.ccsu.edu/default.php.