Sacred Heart University invites applications for two full-time faculty positions in educational leadership. Rank and tenure-track/non-tenure track status will be based on the qualifications of the successful candidates. The Isabelle Farrington College of Education offers a variety of programs in the area of educational leadership, to include a post-graduate program that leads to the Connecticut Intermediate Administrator and Supervisor certificate (092), and a Certificate of Advanced Study (CAS) in educational administration and an advanced program of study that leads to the Superintendent of School (093) certificate.
The successful candidates will teach, mentor, and advise the next generation of Pre-K-12 educational leaders in both theory and applications. The successful candidates will have teaching responsibilities in the Administrative Certification and CAS programs. Teaching assignments will be in both the traditional weeknight schedule and in the weekend cohort program.
Candidates should possess background and experience in the following:
- Curriculum development and implementation
- Assessment and improvement of instructional programs
- Professional learning for Pre-K-12 educators
- Assessment and improvement of student learning
- Teacher and administrator evaluation
- Use of data for school/district improvement
- A demonstrated commitment to ensuring that all students achieve at high levels
- Earned doctorate in educational leadership or related field.
- Successful record as a building-level K-12 leader.
- Possession of, or ability to secure, Connecticut Administrator (092) certification.
- Record of scholarly productivity or potential (tenure track only).
- Possession of, or ability to secure, Connecticut Superintendent (093) certification.
- Successful record as a district-level K-12 leader.
- Experience with and understanding of state and national standards, including accreditation, in educational leadership.
- Higher education teaching experience.
Applicants should upload a letter of interest that relates qualifications to the requirements of the position, curriculum vitae, three letters of reference, a writing sample, and unofficial transcripts through the SHU online Application Portal. The search committee will only consider online submissions.Review of applications will begin upon receipt and the positions will remain open until filled. The University offers a comprehensive benefits package including tuition remission.