The graduate education program in the Helen DeVos College of Education at Lee University welcomes applicants for a full-time, tenure-track position in Education Leadership beginning in August of 2018. This position is a ten month contract with academic rank and salary dependent upon qualifications and experience.
LEE UNIVERSITY’S MISSION
Lee is a Christian institution which offers liberal arts and professional education on both the baccalaureate and graduate levels through residential and distance programs. We seek to provide education that integrates biblical truth as revealed in the Holy Scriptures with truth discovered through the study of arts and sciences and in the practice of various professions. A personal commitment to Jesus Christ as Savior is the controlling perspective from which our educational enterprise is carried out. The foundational purpose of all educational programs at Lee is to develop within the students knowledge, appreciation, understanding, ability and skills which will prepare them for responsible Christian living in a complex world.
This position is responsible for assisting in the preparation of K-12 school administrators. A strong relationship with LEAs and Tennessee’s State Department of Education is required. Also necessary will be a full understanding of Tennessee two tier certification process in Education Leadership and the implementation of Tennessee Instructional Leadership Standards (TILS) into the degree program’s curriculum. Courses taught will be in Education Leadership at both the M.Ed. and Ed.S. levels. Specific courses are negotiable, but a traditional School Law course is expected. Typical teaching load is 12 credit hours per semester and summer school sections are likely necessary in serving candidates from Local Education Agencies. Student advising and committee service within the department and university is also expected.
- Earned doctorate degree in education leadership
- Public school administration experience at the building and central office level
- Experience with state and national assessments of education, including accreditation
- A consistent track record of professional growth, accomplishment, and the building of relationships between educational institutions.
- Prior collegiate-level teaching experience
- An earned Juris Doctorate
- The leading of state and national training experiences
- An established, independent research agenda and record of quality publications in peer-reviewed journals
- A record of student research mentoring.
Lee University is an Equal Employment Opportunity institution. Applicants should send a letter of interest addressing the stated qualifications, as well as the following:
1. Current vita
2. Teaching evaluations (if available)
3. Transcripts (These may be unofficial. Official transcripts will be required if an interview is offered.)
4. Names, addresses and phone numbers of five references to:
Dr. Bill Estes, Search Committee Chair
Helen DeVos College of Education
1120 North Ocoee Street
Cleveland, TN 37320
Phone: (423) 614-8192
FAX: (423) 614-8180
Applications will be sent to promising candidates. A review of applications will be ongoing and continue until the position is filled. Starting date is August, 2018.