The Education Department of the College of Social Science and Performing Arts of Vincennes University is seeking applicants for an Elementary Education faculty member at the Assistant/Associate Professor rank. This is a full-time faculty, with the future possibility of a tenure-track, reporting to the Dean of the College of Social Science and Performing Arts.
This position is responsible for:
- Teaching undergraduate courses in elementary education
- Serving as an academic advisor and participating in related student success activities
- Participating in the development and implementation of assessment of learning outcomes at the course, program, college, and university levels
- Assisting in the Accreditation process and Assessment process
- Participating in research and service, including serving on school, departmental and university committees
- Working collaboratively with the university, public/private schools
The successful candidate has:
- Master’s Degree in Education, required plus
- 5years minimum, K-6 teaching experience in Elementary Education
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Ability to work with a variety of learning styles and skill levels
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
- Ph.D., EdD, or ABD in a field appropriate to the course of study
- Higher education teaching experience
- Accreditation experience with either or The Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP) or The National Council of Accreditation for Teacher Education (NCATE)
- Special Education experience
Anticipated Start Date: August 2018
Academic rank and salary will be commensurate with credentials and experience of the candidate
Candidate will be eligible for all benefits available to a full-time employee of Vincennes University. More information can be found by visiting the Benefits page of the VU website: http://vinu.edu/human-resources
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should submit a VU Application, cover letter, CV/resume with a minimum of three references, and transcripts to Human Resources by email to email@example.com or mail to Human Resources, 1002 North First Street, Vincennes, IN 47591.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Deadline for full consideration is June 8, 2018. Interviews may be held concurrently with the advertising period.
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Please note the selected candidate may be required to submit to a criminal history background check.
Vincennes University is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer