The primary responsibility of this positions is to teach courses as part of the education and graduate studies degree programs. The position will include both face to face and online courses as well as supervising students in the field.
Other main duties include:
- Teaching foundation and method courses.
- Supervise Student Teachers.
- Recruiting and advising a diverse student population.
- Engaging in appropriate service in the department, university, and academic community.
- Developing professionally and staying current with course content, evaluating teaching methods and working to improve student learning and engagement.
- A master’s degree in elementary education, reading, instructional technology, or a closely related area.
- Willingness to teach both face to face on campus, at satellite campus, and in the online format.
- Doctorate degree in a related field.
- 18 credits of graduate level coursework in education.
- Prior experience in teaching, especially at the university-level.
- Demonstrated proficiency with the use of technology in the classroom and with teaching in the online format.
Additionally, the selected candidate is expected to work with others in a collegial and collaborative manner.
The salary for this position is commensurate with qualifications, and typically ranges from $41,000 (Instructor) to $45,000 (Assistant Professor) annually.
VCSU offers a comprehensive benefits package, including employer paid full family health insurance coverage, as well as TIAA-CREF retirement, tuition assistance, and much more. For more information, visit our Employee Benefits page.
This position is a 9-month, full-time position. In some cases, summer duties may be arranged through an additional contract.
Submit all required materials online, including a cover letter, CV, contact information for three references, and unofficial copies of your transcripts. Reference letters will be solicited automatically from the references you list via email, for finalists only. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that correct email addresses are submitted for each of the three required references.
University and Community:
Recognized as a “Best College” by U.S. News for 20 consecutive years, VCSU offers one of the best academic values in the Midwest. VCSU was founded as a teacher’s college in 1890, earning a prestigious reputation for producing some of the best educators in the area. Since then, VCSU’s undergraduate offerings have continued to grow and now include a range of programs. VCSU offers more than 80 undergraduate programs in art, business, communication arts, computer systems and software engineering, education, health and physical education, language and literature, mathematics, music, science, social science, and technology education. An online Master of Education degree program is also available.
The 55-acre campus, one of the most attractive in North Dakota, is bordered on the south by a forested hillside and on the north by the Sheyenne River. Campus architecture features a graceful blend of historic and modern buildings. The entire campus is listed on the National Register of Historic Places as a Historic District.
VCSU is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC), the National Council for the Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE), the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (CAATE), and the National Association of Schools of Music (NASM). The university is located in the southeastern part of the state in the city from which the institution takes its name. Valley City has a population of approximately 6,500 and is located 60 miles west of Fargo on Interstate 94, making the campus easily accessible both from the east and west. The location of the community lends itself to cultural and recreational activities, and the newly constructed Gaukler Wellness Center offers a variety of services to members.
Direct inquiries about the position to Dr. Sheri Okland, Dean School of Education and Graduate Studies, at email@example.com.
For accommodation or assistance in the application or interview process, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.