The University of Pikeville in Pikeville, Kentucky seeks a dynamic and creative Faculty Development Educator interested in planning, teaching, and reviewing all activities related to faculty development for the Kentucky College of Osteopathic Medicine (KYCOM) and Kentucky College of Optometry (KYCO) as well as a variety of university-wide responsibilities.
- Responsible for timely coordination, communication, and logistical support for all aspects of faculty development.
- Collaborate with the KYCOM and KYCO Deans on goals for professional development as it relates to accreditation standards.
- Coordinate and assist in designing and delivering faculty development for health care professionals and faculty members across the university.
- Document, apply, and educate others on faculty development policies and practices.
- Promote the ongoing professional development, mentoring, and training for all university faculty. This may involve off-site training of university faculty and/or travel to conferences.
- Implements a faculty peer-mentoring program and initial training of new faculty.
- Coordinates internal and external development opportunities for faculty.
- Assist in training faculty\staff in computerized programs, including the Canvas Learning Management System and best practices for online course design.
- Provide guidance on course and instructional design.
- Prepare and organize for special events/guests.
- Track attendance at faculty development programs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree is required. Doctoral Degree (or equivalent) in Education or related field is preferred.
- Teaching or faculty development experience preferred.
- Must possess excellent verbal, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must demonstrate organization ability to multi-task, prioritize, meet deadlines, and have the capacity to exercise good judgment.
- Must be proficient in technology commonly used in in-person and online university-level education, and have the ability to learn new platforms/programs/applications.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
Position requires daily contact with co-workers, supervisor, external vendors, students, faculty, and staff in order to disseminate necessary information and coordinate for daily operations. These relationships are maintained through person-to-person contact, phone, email, and fax.
The University of Pikeville offers a competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. UPIKE offers a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, telemedicine, long term disability, tuition waivers, a 403(b) retirement plan, and HSA, FSA, and dependent care accounts. UPIKE also offers a generous holiday schedule and paid leave program.
Important Notes: Resume and other application materials will be reviewed to determine if you meet the required qualifications for the position. If it is determined that you meet the required qualifications, your application materials will be used to identify a top group of the most highly qualified candidates. Please, specifically address the qualifications, competencies and desired qualifications in your resume and application materials.
The University of Pikeville is committed to providing a safe and productive learning, living and working community. To achieve this goal, we conduct background investigations for all final applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history.
The University of Pikeville is an equal opportunity employer committed to assembling a diverse, broadly trained faculty and staff. The University of Pikeville does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age or disabilities in its programs, activities, hiring, or the admission of students. Inquiries may be directed to the University of Pikeville Title IX Coordinator by calling 606-218-5216.
For more information about the University of Pikeville, please visit http://www.upike.edu. Interested applicants should complete the online application by visiting http://jobs.upike.edu. In addition to the application, interested applicants are requested to attach to their application a letter of interest, current resume, and the contact information for three to five professional references.