Do you love working in an academic environment? Do you love teaching and mentoring students, helping to shape the future? If so, we have the job for you! Shaw University is looking for Full-Time Faculty, Program Coordinator Master’s Degree in Curriculum & Instruction with Concentration in Early Childhood Education. Reporting to the Division Head, Education, Early Childhood Development and Social Work, the overall responsibilities of the Program Coordinator of the Master’s in Curriculum & Instruction with a Concentration in Early Childhood Education Program are to teach graduate level courses and coordinate the Masters in Curriculum and Instruction program. This position will carry a course load of 3 graduate level courses of 3 credit hours each for the fall and spring semester and 1 course load of 3 credit hours for the summer semester as needed. This position will also coordinate the Masters in Curriculum and Instruction program. In addition, this position may function as the Division Liaison to the Shaw University Center for Early Education, Development and Research (SUCEEDR).
Essential Job Functions:
- Serving as primary advisor for students in the graduate education program.
- Teaching at least three courses in the graduate program each fall and spring semester and, as necessary, at least one course during the summer semester.
- Leading the continuous data-driven assessment, improvement and implementation of the graduate education program.
- Chairing the Graduate Committee.
- Participating as an active member of the Graduate Council and Chairing the Council on a rotating basis.
- Developing reports and handbooks related to the graduate education program.
- Serving as primary recruiter for the graduate program and preparing recruitment materials in consultation with the Department Chair.
- Developing the graduate program course schedules and degree requirement checklists.
- Developing and implementing the strategic and annual operational plans for graduate program and assessing the program annually.
- Serving as CAEP Co-Coordinator.
- Participating as a team member in addressing all issues that affect successful outcomes for all Education majors.
- Carrying out activities that contribute to compliance with requirements for NC State and CAEP Annual Performance Reports and documenting these in a report to the Division Head.
- Complying with duties of the Shaw University faculty member outlined in the Shaw University Faculty Handbook as well as relevant policies and procedures in the Shaw University Employee Handbook.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Education and/or Experience
- Doctoral degree in Birth – Kindergarten Education, Early Childhood Development or a related education program focused on early childhood required.
- At least two years’ teaching experience in a higher education setting
- Administrative experience in an educational setting is desired
- A commitment to providing excellence in education, including the ability to present course teachings in such a way that students are encouraged to develop critical thinking and problem-solving skills, to increase motivation, to develop a positive self-image, and to clarify their values
- Computer skill proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel software
- Experience using Instructional Technology
Must have a philosophy that is consistent with the Mission, Vision and Core Values of the organization. Vision, commitment, and experience in achieving goals and pursuing excellence is critical. Strong oral and written presentation skills. Ability to work well independently and as a member of a team. Excellence in organization, decision-making, problem-solving, and creating a collaborative environment. Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously. Must be able to read, write and speak fluently in English.
For faculty employment consideration, a candidate who meets job opening qualifications must COMPLETE THE FOLLOWING STEPS for EACH job opening to which the qualified candidate applies.
TO EXPEDITE YOUR APPLICATION, PLEASE DO NOT FAX, MAIL OR DELIVER YOUR INFORMATION. Submit ALL the following documents directly to the Human Resources Department, by selecting Apply or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you need an accommodation for the application process, please contact email@example.com.
- A fully completed Shaw University Application Form (see web link below); DO NOT PRINT, SIGN AND SCAN; PLEASE COMPLETE AND SIGN DIGITALLY.
- A current, fully complete resume or curriculum vitae
- An unofficial transcript
- An application cover letter with statements of teaching philosophy and research interests
- Three current letters of reference.
- Any additional documents required by a specific job posting.
A resume or curriculum vitae without an accompanying Shaw University Application Form cannot be accepted.
Following the Human Resources office’s receipt of a candidate’s fully completed application package for a current job opening, then an applicant can be considered for employment, with their application information submitted to the recruiting manager/selection committee for review.
Any potential hire is contingent upon the FINALIST candidate’s ordering OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS of the HIGHEST GRADUATE-LEVEL DEGREE(S) awarded to be sent DIRECTLY FROM the awarding institution(s) DIRECTLY TO the Shaw University Human Resources Department at 118 E. South Street, Raleigh, NC 27601. Hand-delivered sealed transcripts will not be considered as official – they must be received directly from the awarding institution(s).
Candidates are personally responsible for any potential travel and/or relocation expenses incurred