Arkansas Tech University in Russellville, Arkansas invites applications for a non-tenure track Instructor position in the Curriculum and Instruction Department within the College of Education. The position is a 9-month appointment with consideration of renewal at the end of the spring semester.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach a variety of undergraduate courses in Curriculum and Instruction (C & I) (face-to-face and online) particularly in the area of special education.
- Effectively advise students at the undergraduate level.
- Engage students in high impact learning practices.
- Provide impactful departmental, college, university, and professional service relevant to the university, community, and state.
- Collaborate with faculty and public school partners in the development, review, assessment, and maintenance of Curriculum and Instruction programs particularly in the area of special education.
- Assist in promoting C & I programs and recruiting students.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the department chair.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Understanding of the knowledge, skills, and dispositions expected of today’s education professionals and an understanding of the public school culture, organized, effective communicator, ability to participate effectively in team, good writing capabilities, collegial.
A minimum of a Master’s Degree in C & I, Special Education, or closely-related field. A minimum of three years of U.S. school teaching experience in the pre-K through 12 environment with a minimum of one year in the K-12 public school teaching environment as a teacher of record. Applicable knowledge of education pedagogy required.
Experience in college teaching, particularly in special education preferred. Experience in college online teaching preferred. Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with faculty, interns/field-based participants, and school partners preferred. Evidence of service to the profession preferred.
What to Submit:
Letter of application, curriculum vita, a teaching/learning philosophy, and contact information for 5 references
To be considered for the Instructor in Curriculum and Instruction position, all applications must be received and processed through our applicant tracking system Cornerstone prior to the closing date on June 28 2018 before 6:00 pm central time.
Please go to https://atu.csod.com/ats/careersite/search.aspx?site=1&c=atu to apply now.
This position is subject to a pre-employment criminal background check. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication alone shall not disqualify an applicant in the absence of a relationship to the requirements of the position. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
Arkansas Tech University is an AA/EOE employer committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment