The Department of Teacher Education at Fort Hays State University invites applicants for appointment to a 9-month, renewable position at the level of Instructor of Teacher Education.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Instructor position to teach education coursework to undergraduate candidates. The successful candidate must be committed to excellence in undergraduate instruction, participate in the department’s distance learning activities, participate in internship supervision, and contribute to advising and service components of the College of Education. Information about the Department of Teacher Education is available at https://www.fhsu.edu/te/
- M.S. in Early Childhood, Early Childhood Special Education, Curriculum & Instruction, or closely related field from a regionally accredited institution.
- A minimum of 3 years of teaching experience in early childhood, K-6 elementary education, special education, or closely related field.
- Holds a current (or expired) state teaching license.
- Ph.D., Ed.D., or ABD in Early Childhood, Early Childhood Special Education, Curriculum & Instruction, or closely related field.
- Experience teaching at the higher education level
- Experience teaching online courses
RANK: Full-time Instructor
APPOINTMENT DATE: Fall 2018
SALARY: Salary dependent upon qualifications
BENEFITS: Competitive benefit package http://www.fhsu.edu/humanresourceoffice/Prospective-Employees/
APPLICATION PROCESS: To apply for this position, please visit https://fhsu.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/CAREERS. Only electronic applications submitted through the webpage will be accepted.
REQUIRED APPLICATION DOCUMENTS: Applicants should submit the following materials: a letter of interest, curriculum vitae, transcripts, and three references with names and contact information. Applicant documents should be submitted in one PDF.
If you have questions regarding the position, please contact:
Dr. Valerie Zelenka
Search Committee Chair, Program Coordinator
Department of Teacher Education, Special Education