We are accepting resumes for potential Instructor openings within Teacher Education for the academic year 2018-2019. The need for these positions is undetermined at this time and is dependent on operational need including enrollment and staffing. If a need arises, the department will select candidates from this posting.Application to this pool will be utilized to fill part-time, non-tenure track, non-benefits eligible instructor positions on the Athens campus as student demand dictates for Fall and Spring semesters.
The number of Teacher Education courses offered each semester is dependent on student demand. The need may include both graduate and undergraduate courses such as Special Education, Early Childhood, Middle Childhood, and Adolescent to Young Adult Education.
Applications will be accepted into the pool on an ongoing basis.
- Master’s degree in education or closely related field to teach undergraduate courses;
- Terminal degree (Ph.D. or Ed.D.) to teach graduate courses.
- Additional qualifications, such as online teaching experience, may be required for specific courses.
- Relevant and recent Pre K-12 classroom based experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of theory and research-supported best practices for teaching and learning.
- Licensure in content area.
- Experience facilitating professional development.
- Evidence of professional training or attendance and/or presentations at conferences.
- Ability to deliver online instruction.
Special Instructions to applicantsTo apply, please complete the online application and upload required documents including resume/CV, detailed letter of Interest, list of at least 3 professional references with full current contact information including email address, and a document outlining your availability to teach for Fall semester (August 2018 – December 2018) and Spring semester (January 2019 – April 2019).