Manage the Education Technology Department staff, PeopleSoft/Campus Solutions Student Administration database and some functionality within the Blackboard Learning Management System. Implement department policies and procedures. Collaborate with the global Education management team to ensure stability and functionality of technical infrastructure for internal and external customers. Work closely with GIA’s IT department. Manage the day-to-day operations of the Education Technology department in alignment with the strategic Education business plans. Provide technical input on requirements for infrastructure required to achieve strategic Education business plans.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage delivery of student support for GIA’s online services and ensures service excellence.
- Serve as a “power user” for Student Administration CSPROD database.
- Support system administration of the Learning Management System in coordination with the Learning Design & Development department.
- Create and update reports and queries for all levels of Education and other departments as needed. (e.g. business metrics, reports for regulatory and accreditation agencies, and operational dashboards)
- Collaborate with Business Intelligence team on Education metrics and dashboards.
- Represent the Education Technology department in meetings within the organization and with outside vendors and clients.
- Operationalize business needs into technical solutions.
- Project manages systems upgrades, integrations, and new implementations.
- Communicate updates and outages to other departments when necessary.
- Assist with Blackboard training in coordination with the Learning Design & Development department.
- Identify opportunities that can improve efficiencies in Ed Tech business practices.
- Attend business related conferences and seminars to remain current on the features, functions, and capabilities of the software we use.
- Build collaborative relationships with IT department and serves as technical liaison between IT and Education.
- Communicate effectively, gets along with coworkers and management, and deals with others effectively and professionally under pressure.
- Other duties as assigned.
Directly manage Education Technology Department staff members. Carry out management responsibilities in accordance with the Institute’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, assistance in interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Ability to effectively lead and direct subordinate staff.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write complex queries and QBUs in Campus Solutions.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to manage and lead complex projects.
- Experience with leading others to deliver service excellence.
- Strong coaching and mentoring skills.
- Strong computer skills utilizing software such as Microsoft Office Suite, e.g., MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint; and e-mail.
- Ability to maintain and foster sensitivity and respect for a culturally diverse work environment.
- Ability to display supportive behavior and communicate positively regarding department goals and objectives.
- Ability to deal effectively with a variety of personalities to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to fulfill assigned commitments in a timely manner within established budgets while achieving quality results.
- Excellent grammar, written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and resolve conflict when necessary.
- Ability to make sound business decisions and able to accurately balance risks with business needs.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Educational Technology, Higher Education or related field required.
- Five years PeopleSoft/Campus Solutions software application experience required.
- Three years’ experience in a supervising or leadership role.
- Five years Blackboard LMS software experience preferred.
- Three years project management experience preferred.
- WorkDay Student experience is preferred.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORK ENVIRONMENT (if applicable)
- Work is performed in a designated professional office workstation and environment.
- Extensive use of office equipment to include computer, calculator, copier, fax, and other business related machines and software.