Position Available: 8/14/2017
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Regular or Temporary: Regular
Salary Range: Commensurate with Established Schedule
Department Description: The Department of TSI Readiness at Tyler Junior College assists students in achieving a Texas Success Initiative (TSI) complete [college-ready] status in mathematics, reading, and writing.
Job Description: This is a nine (9) month faculty position responsible to the Dean, Humanities, Communication, and Fine Arts and to the Department Chair, TSI Readiness for the following:
1. Facilitating active student learning and successful completion of courses.
2. Teaching 15 semester hours each fall and spring semester.
3. Maintaining 10 office hours each semester to conduct student conferences.
4. Keeping accurate records of students’ attendance, grades, and final semester grade.
5. Assisting in course evaluations, curriculum development and selection of instructional materials.
6. Serving the College through mentoring, committee assignments, activities, and community engagement over and above assigned classes/office hours.
7. Participating in professional development to increase subject matter knowledge, use of technology, and remain current on community college issues.
8. Adhering to College policies.
9. Performing other duties as assigned by the Dean or Coordinator.
1. Master’s degree in any discipline with 18 graduate hours in the teaching discipline, preferred.
2. Bachelor’s degree in teaching discipline and/or a master’s degree in the discipline or in education with a focus on secondary or post-secondary curriculum and instruction or adult learning theory, required.
3. Experience in teaching Developmental Integrated Reading and Writing or Developmental Reading or Developmental Writing preferred.
4. Experience in using latest technology to enhance the learning process required.
5. Interpersonal skills that reflect total commitment to student development in all College activities.