Required ExperienceExperience in teaching and administration in higher education or equivalent.
Required Knowledge, Skills & AbilitiesMust have a commitment to working with diverse populations, student success, and to foster undergraduate and graduate teaching and learning; the ability to adapt and respond quickly to the changing needs of the department, college and institution. Have a working knowledge of handling hiring matters and fiscal budgets. Must have a leadership vision to enhance faculty teaching and research programs.
Department Name: Curriculum & Instruction
Department Location: Wihelmina F. Delco Building Room 316
Preferred EducationA doctoral degree from an accredited university with a specialty in one of the teaching areas represented within the department.
Preferred Experience Requirements
- A minimum of two years of teaching experience in K-12 schools
- Experience with state and national (NCATE/CAEP) accreditation processes
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and collegially with students, staff and faculty from diverse backgrounds and programs
- Experience evaluating, mentoring, and managing faculty and staff
Preferred Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills to work effectively with the College’s academic leaders, faculty, students, and prospective students.
- A progressive thinker and education leader; forward thinking, aware of evolving education needs, programming trends and teaching methods.
- Sound ability to employ technology and to encourage the use of technology.
- Sound analytical and problem solving skills.
Posting Number: F00151JP
Posting SummaryThis position is responsible for representing and advocating for all departmental faculty, staff, students and programs; managing departmental personnel, the budget and other resources; overseeing programs reviews, evaluating faculty and staff; and provide leadership in the University, state and region. In addition, the successful candidate will be expected to promote excellence in teachers education at the undergraduate and graduate levels. The successful candidate must have a commitment to work with diverse population and fostering student, faculty and staff success
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to ApplicantAll applicants are required to apply via our website at: jobs.pvamu.edu on or before the closing date indicated on the job posting. Applicant inquiries received via email and websites such as Indeed, HigherEdJobs, etc. will not be considered unless the individual has applied to the available position via the PVAMU career site.
The required documents listed on the job posting are required to be attached to the application. No further applicant documents will be accepted once the job posting has closed. References will need to be indicated on the application and a resume may not be substituted. All previously mentioned actions must be taken for full consideration of your application. To be considered, even if you are a current or former employee, or current or former student of PVAMU, all required documents must be attached at the time your online application is submitted.
Please contact the Office of Human Resource on or before the closing date indicated above at 936-261-1730 or firstname.lastname@example.org you need assistance with the online application process.
Background Check Required: Yes