Posting Number: A00098P
Liberty University’s hiring practices and EEO Statement are fully in compliance with both federal and state law. Federal law creates an exception to the “religion” component of the employment discrimination laws for religious organizations (including educational institutions), and permits them to give employment preference to members of their own religion. Liberty University is in that category.
Job Summary/Basic Function
Faculty members will teach qualitative or quantitative research methods courses (educational research, qualitative or quantitative research design, statistics/data analysis) in the School of Education EdD or PhD using the Blackboard online learning platform. Faculty will prepare doctoral students to conduct qualitative or quantitative dissertation research that is theoretically grounded and methodologically sound and will make a contribution to the discipline. Faculty are required to complete grading within 5 days, respond to student email within 36 hours, check into the course a minimum of every 48 hours, and complete ongoing professional development and self-evaluation.
Additional appointments may include serving as a dissertation chair, committee member, or methodologist on dissertation committees, reviewing dissertation manuscripts and providing feedback specific to the research methods (qualitative or quantitative).
- Applicant must have a PhD or EdD in Education or a related field.
o Degree must be from an institution accredited by an accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.o Must have completed a traditional qualitative or quantitative dissertation.
- Full doctrinal compatibility with Liberty University.
- Must demonstrate expertise in qualitative or quantitative research methods in the field of education (PK-12 or Higher Education)
- Superior interpersonal, customer service, presentation, and communication skills required.
- Creative, innovative, and problem solving skills required.
- Proficiency in MS Office, Blackboard, and the Internet.
- Applications for consideration will only be accepted via Liberty University’s online automated application process.
Preferred QualificationsPreference will be given to candidates with an established record of research evidenced by intellectual and professional contributions to the field through peer-reviewed publication and conference presentations. Preference will be given to candidates with research mentorship experience and experience teaching research methods using online learning platforms (e.g., Blackboard). Candidates must work well with others and be able to work at a pace that will not delay the progress of a dissertation candidate toward timely completion of the doctoral degree.