The Department of Education invites applicants for full time, 9 month, ranked faculty position beginning in fall 2017, pending budget approval. Rank and salary commensurate with education and experience. The Education Departments mission is to educate teacher candidates to lead ethically and effectively by fostering transformative teaching and learning practices that promote social justice.
Teach elementary science methods courses and other courses emphasizing best practices for elementary teachers. Provide input into shaping a vison of STEM as a 21st Century core competency for elementary teachers. Model effective integration of technology. Serve as an advisor to graduate and undergraduate students. Provide instruction in multiple modalities: face to face, hybrid and online.
- An earned Masters of Education degree and a minimum of 5 years of successful STEM teaching experience in P-6 is required.
- Demonstrated scholarship and a current or previous teaching license are required along with an evidence of technology integration in the classroom.
- Strong communication, interpersonal skills, and organizational skills are also required with the ability to demonstrated leadership experience.
- An earned Ed.D. or Ph.D. in education is preferred.
- Preference will be given to those with instructional experience in higher education with a background and teaching experience related to one or more of the following: classroom technology and computational thinking, and elementary engineering.
- Demonstrated experience working with diverse settings is also preferred.
St. Catherine University seeks creative, adaptable faculty who enjoy working in a university climate that promotes cultural diversity and multicultural understanding. Candidates of color are encouraged to apply as are those who will contribute to a diverse candidate pool. Consistent with the universitys Catholic identity, its commitment to women, diversity and social justice, preference will be given to candidates who manifest these themes in their teaching, research and service.
Special/Other Requirements Summary
To apply: Please go to the St. Catherine University Employment Site to electronically apply for this position. That website link is: http://www.stkate.edu/hr. Applicants may also visit the University Human Resources office, located in Derham Hall Room 8, to submit an electronic application. Attach an application letter, CV and a statement of teaching interests. Candidates selected for interview will need to provide 3 references. Official transcripts and background check will be required for employment. For information, contact R. Kevin Mackin at email@example.com. Review of applications will remain open until filled.
St. Catherine University
2004 Randolph Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55105
EEO/AA/Drug Free Workplace Employer Tobacco-Free Campuses
Our university is a proud member of the Upper Midwest HERC and is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding and diverse faculty and staff and assisting dual career couples. For more information and to find other higher education jobs in the Upper Midwest region, visit: www.uppermidwestherc.org