St. Bonaventure University’s picturesque campus is nestled in the foothills of the Allegheny Mountains known as the Enchanted Mountain region. The University is committed to developing tomorrow’s leaders in an environment shaped by Franciscan values. Visit us at http://www.sbu.edu
Tenure-Track Assistant/Associate Professor in Educational Leadership
The Educational Leadership program within the School of Education at St. Bonaventure University seeks applicants for a new tenure-track Assistant/Associate Professor position beginning in Fall 2019. The successful candidate will possess teaching and administrative experience in P-12 settings. S/he will have significant experience addressing the realities and challenges that diverse communities encounter.
The selected candidate will be expected to meet the traditional requirements of excellence in teaching and advising, active scholarly and professional work, and service to the University and community. S/he will be required to teach a range of courses in the Educational Leadership Program using a hybrid format at both the main campus and at the Buffalo Center. S/he will teach courses in the School Building Leader Advanced Certificate Program, the School District Leader Advanced Certificate program, and the MSED in Educational Leadership program. The successful candidate will also be encouraged to develop and participate in activities that support the University’s strategic plan, which emphasizes: a) teaching and learning excellence; b) student access, retention, and success; c) excellence in research and creative activities; d) campus community; e) community engagement; and f) infrastructure.
- An earned doctorate in Educational Leadership;
- Evidence of six years or more of successful and effective teaching and leadership at the P-12 setting and/or district /county levels;
- Evidence of three years or more of successful teaching with diverse populations in a university or college setting;
- Evidence of research and scholarly activity, publications, and presentations at the state, national, and/or international levels;
- Evidence of serving, mentoring, or guiding a diverse group of educational leadership candidates through the practicum/internship process; and
- Evidence of effective collaboration and service within the university setting as well as with schools and community stakeholders.
- Experience using an online/hybrid delivery system for teaching and learning;
- Evidence of an active research agenda with publications relevant to the field of leadership and/or educational administration;
- Demonstrated evidence of effective collaboration with students, staff, and faculty from diverse backgrounds and programs;
- Experience in leading, mentoring or guiding a diverse group of students through the thesis or dissertation process
- Demonstrated success with grant development, acquisition, and implementation.
- To apply please submit a cover letter, CV, contact information for three professional references and a sample of scholarly writing to Mary Beatty, Administrative Assistant to the Dean, email@example.com
Should you have any questions about the position itself, please contact Dr. Christopher Siuta, Chair of the EDL Search Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org
ABD candidates may be considered and, if offered the position, will need to successfully complete doctoral studies within two years of employment, per the Faculty-Staff Handbook. Final rank and salary for the successful candidate will be determined based upon professional background, experience, and academic accomplishments as reflected by the candidate’s prior teaching, research, scholarship, and service.
About the University
Founded in 1858, St. Bonaventure is a Catholic university dedicated to educational excellence in the Franciscan tradition. We are committed to the constant pursuit of distinction in our undergraduate and graduate programs, our innovative liberal arts core and all of our courses of study.
At St. Bonaventure University, we come to know our students on an individual basis and become their mentors. We strive to bring out the best in every individual. As an academic and spiritual community, we endeavor to prepare our students for the challenges they will face in their professional careers as well as in their personal lives. True to our Franciscan heritage, we encourage students to manifest our values through lives of citizenship and service.
St. Bonaventure University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to fostering diversity in its faculty, staff and student body, and strongly encourages applications from the entire spectrum of a diverse community. In light of its commitment to create and maintain a safe learning and working environment, employment with St. Bonaventure University requires successful completion of a background screening. Unless otherwise provided by law, a criminal record will not automatically disqualify an individual from employment.