We seek an energetic, collaborative colleague for a position as a Visiting Assistant Professor in the College of Education at the University of Massachusetts Lowell. This is a temporary 9-month appointment for the 2018-2019 academic position. The successful candidate will teach masters and doctoral courses in higher-level data analysis and/or program evaluation. This individual will also provide expertise and support for the activities of the Center for Program Evaluation and might engage in doctoral advisement.
In the future, the position may become a tenure-track position, at which time a national search will be conducted.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- Ph.D. or research oriented Ed.D. in educational research or closely related field
- Experience teaching graduate courses in either quantitative data analysis or program evaluation at the master’s or doctoral levels
- An emerging agenda for research and publication
- The ability to work effectively with diverse groups
- Demonstrated capacity to work collaboratively with fellow faculty and graduate students
- Experience in online teaching
- Expertise in quantitative analysis and use of related software
- Experience in statistical analysis of large data sets
- Program evaluations, particularly at a state or national level
- Work in an education research center or group
- Supervisory experience of staff and/or student internships
- Familiarity with/background in Improvement Science
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please include a CV and cover letter with your application. Names and contact information of three references will be required during the application process.