West Texas A&M University (WTAMU), a member of The Texas A&M University System, invites applications for a tenure-track faculty member at the Assistant, Associate, or Professor rank. This position is a twelve (12) month tenure-track appointment that will serve as a Core Doctoral Research Faculty member for current and proposed doctoral programs at WTAMU, including an Ed.D. in Educational Leadership and a Ph.D. in Systems Agriculture. Salary and benefits are competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience. Salary may range between $80,000 – $96,000.
WTAMU doctoral programs will use a centralized research faculty/doctoral core to build broad cross-disciplinary understanding, share interdisciplinary faculty expertise, and provide efficiency and cost effectiveness. The position reports to the Dean of the Graduate School/Vice President of Research, who facilitates the doctoral core in conjunction with the WTAMU academic Deans.
- Teach six (6) hours of graduate quantitative courses in the fall and spring semesters and three (3) hours in the summer.
- Direct and serve on graduate dissertation/Scholarly Delivery Committees across WTAMU doctoral programs, including providing guidance in research methodology and interpretation of research results; make recommendations regarding the most appropriate selection in various research and analysis scenarios.
- Develop new research method approaches to meet novel or emerging data analysis or research needs.
- Collaborate in mixed methods approaches to research, including qualitative methods.
- Engage in shared research publications with graduate students and graduate faculty across WTAMU doctoral programs.
- Teach students and faculty to utilize statistical analysis software.
- Terminal degree in agriculture, economics, education, communication, psychology, health sciences, or closely related with a field or minor in statistics or quantitative methods.
- Demonstrated commitment to excellence in teaching, research, and service.
- Commitment to an interdisciplinary approach to research and educational programming.
- Excellence in technology usage to support teaching and research, including successful usage of statistical software such as SAS, R, Stata, SPSS, etc.
- Excellence in written and oral communication skills.
- Success in supporting students in their learning, implementation, and presentation of quantitative research using appropriate methodology.
- Supportive interpersonal and teaching skills with ability to communicate in a timely manner.
- Appreciation for interdisciplinary research and knowledge.
- Experience and excellence in teaching in an online environment.
Please include the following with your application:
- Letter of interest that discusses your qualifications as per the job position and your experiences as it relates to the responsibilities listed.
- Curriculum Vitae/Resume
- Official transcripts
- Names and contact information of three references
Please attach all documents in the attachment box at the bottom of the “My Experience” page before continuing through the application. Although the attachment box is labeled “CV/Resume,” more than one attachment may be uploaded. Once you have submitted your application, you may no longer add documents. If you need assistance with downloading documents, please contact WTAMU Human Resources at HR@wtamu.edu.
Questions regarding the position should be addressed to the search committee chair, Dr. Rex Pjesky, email@example.com – 806.651.2730.
Texas law requires that males age 18 through 25 be properly registered with the Selective Service System.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.