The Assistant Dean for the School of Education reports directly to the SOE Dean, may represent the SOE across campus, directs and facilitates SOE initiatives, and supervises full-time and adjunct faculty absences. The ideal candidate will have a terminal degree in curriculum and instruction with at least three years of active experience as a university-level administrator.
Required Qualifications – Required qualifications to effectively perform the job. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered. (Additional requirements may be designated by position.)
- Terminal Degree in Curriculum and Instruction or closely related area (PhD required)
- At least five successful years as a certified K-12 classroom educator
- Minimum five years of active university-level administrative experience as department head or higher
- Highly organized, energetic, solution-oriented administrative style required
- Evidence of successful work with community stakeholders
- Evidence of strong leadership skills
- Possess the skills and experience to direct undergraduate and graduate Education programs with responsibility for program development, enrollment, and retention
- Demonstrates a forward-thinking approach to technology, pedagogy, and program design, delivery, and management.