SUNY New Paltz is seeking a full-time, tenure-track Assistant Professor with a specialization in or significant training and/or experience in school counseling to teach in its Counselor Education Program.
- Training counselor education students
- Teaching specific school counseling courses such as Ethics and Professional Identity in School Counseling, Professional Roles in School Counseling, Practicum and Internship in School Counseling, as well as general counseling courses such as Counseling Skills, Counseling Theories, and Research Methods and Program Evaluation
- Active program of scholarly research and publications
- Student advising
- Program, departmental, college-wide, and professional service
- Doctoral degree in counselor education, preferably from a CACREP-accredited program or related doctoral degree and full-time faculty employment as a member in a counselor education program for a minimum of one full academic year before July 1, 2013. Excellent ABD candidates with a firm date of completion, preferably by August 1, 2020, will be considered.
- Evidence of teaching effectiveness
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to build successful professional and mentoring relationships
- Certified or eligible for certification as a school counselor in New York State. Counselor educators who are licensed or license eligible as a mental health counselor (LMHC) will be considered if they have significant training and experience within the discipline of school counseling
- Strong working knowledge of the American School Counselor Association’s (ASCA) National Model
- Familiarity of the standards and accrediting process related to the Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP)
- Record of publishing and/or presenting counseling-related peer-reviewed research and evidence of future research potential
Special Instructions to Applicants
Electronic submission required. Candidates are required to submit a cover letter, CV, full data from student evaluations of courses (if available) and may submit publications (if available; URL accepted). Professional references provided by applicant will receive an email with link to upload reference letter. To apply, please visit https://jobs.newpaltz.edu