The Department of Curriculum and Instruction invites applications for a tenure-track position in Research and Statistics. The department seeks applicants prepared to be an innovative, engaged teacher and mentor to graduate students in the Kremen School of Education and Human Development. The primary teaching and research interests will be in the area of research, statistics, measurement, and program evaluation. This individual will also mentor students, conduct scholarly and applied research, and engage in service related activities with the university and community. Specific assignments are dependent on department and college needs and the expertise of the individual.
Our Students: California State University, Fresno is committed to serving our students with a focus on inclusion. Fresno State has been recognized as a Hispanic-Serving Institution (HSI); an Asian American/Native American/Pacific Islander-Serving Institution (AANAPISI); and has been designated to the Community Engagement Classification by the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching.
Required Education (from an accredited institution or foreign equivalent.):
1. An earned doctorate (Ph.D. or Ed.D.) in Research Methodology, Statistics, Measurement, Program Evaluation, Educational Psychology, Education, or other closely-related is required.
2. Applicants nearing completion of the doctorate (ABD) may be considered; however, for an appointment, the doctorate must be completed by September 1, 2019.
Ability to demonstrate a commitment to working effectively with faculty, staff and students from diverse ethnic, cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds; and
Extensive coursework in the areas of quantitative and qualitative research, statistics, measurement, and evaluation.
1. Successful teaching experience at the graduate, undergraduate, or K-12 level;
2. Evidence of successful research activities, such as publications in scholarly journals, funded grant proposals, evaluation work, and/or collaborative research;
3. Methodological area(s) of expertise such as statistical modeling, qualitative methodology, data visualization, action research, educational measurement, or program evaluation;
4. Content area(s) of expertise such as English language learners, curriculum, teacher training, counseling, educational administration, or technology; and
5. Practitioner-oriented data communication skills with school districts, institutions of higher education, or other organizations.
Application Procedures: This position automatically closes May 1, 2019. Apply online at: http://jobs.csufresno.edu
Attach the following:
1. Letter of interest or cover letter specifically addressing required experience and preferred qualifications:
2. Current curriculum vitae;
3. Names and contact information of three professional references;
4. Statement addressing your commitment to working with faculty, staff, and students from diverse ethnic, cultural, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
Candidates invited for an on-campus visit must submit by mail/e-mail within designated deadline. The Search Chair will send information and requests for these items:
1. Three current letters of recommendation (dated within 12 months of full consideration date.)
2. Official transcripts
Committee Information and Search process:
Search Chair: Dr. Christian Wandeler
Department of Curriculum and Instruction
Kremen School of Education and Human Development