The Department of Education invites applications for the position of Assistant Professor in Educational Leadership. Responsibilities include teaching graduate-level courses in educational leadership delivered in face-to-face, hybrid and online formats; teaching undergraduate courses in the candidate’s specialty area; advisement/mentoring of Educational Leadership graduate students and active involvement with service to the department and university.
- Master’s degree in Educational Leadership with a requirement to pursue a terminal degree in the field,
- experience as a PK-12 administrator,
- licensed or licensable to teach in the State of Oklahoma is required.
- Ed.D. or Ph.D. in an area applicable to the Master of Educational Leadership program (ABD considered with completion by December 2019);
- A minimum of 5 years of experience as a PK-12 administrator.
- More than three years teaching experience in Early Childhood or Elementary Education settings with 18 graduate credit hours from an accredited institution or university in one or more of the following fields: Curriculum and Instruction, Special Education/Inclusive Education, Early Childhood Education.
- University teaching experience including familiarity with multiple modes of instructions (face-to-face, online, hybrid) and evidence of scholarly activity.
- Preferred candidate will demonstrate the ability to create and support diversity, equity, and inclusiveness in all contexts of their work.
SALARY RANGE: Commensurate with experience.
INSTITUTION: Cameron University (www.cameron.edu) is a state-supported regional institution located in Lawton, Oklahoma, that offers undergraduate and graduate degrees. Dedicated to excellence, the university provides a wide range of economic, cultural, and educational opportunities for the betterment of all citizens. Master”s-level graduate degrees are offered in business, behavioral sciences, and education; baccalaureate programs are offered in more than forty disciplines, and associate degrees are offered in many other studies. The close proximity of Fort Sill contributes to an area rich in cultural diversity and provides the opportunity for frequent cooperative efforts. The combined community of Lawton/Fort Sill has a population of more than 100,000 and is located adjacent to the picturesque Wichita Mountains Wildlife Refuge. A copy of the University’s Annual Security Report, listing crime statistics and university policies, is available by contacting the Office of Public Safety or by accessing the report online at www.cameron.edu/ops.
APPLYING: Attachments should include a cover letter indicating experience applicable to position, resume, transcripts (unofficial are acceptable at this point), names, addresses, and telephone numbers of three professional references.
DEADLINE: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled;