The Education Department at Ohio Wesleyan University seeks to fill a tenure-track Assistant Professor position in Literacy Education.
Responsibilities: The successful candidate will teach six credit hours or the equivalent per year; responsibilities include teaching Secondary Content Area Literacy, Corrective Reading, Phonics, and Elementary (PreK-5) Literacy. Additional courses, reflective of the applicant’s areas of expertise, may include: Elementary Field Practicum, Elementary Student Teaching and/or Educational Psychology.
- Earned doctorate in Literacy Education or a related field by the time of appointment, August 1, 2020; will consider applicants who have made substantial progress towards completion of a doctorate (ABD).
- Applicants should have a minimum of four (4) years of public-school teaching.
- Experience with field/student teaching supervision and college-level teaching is desired.
- A strong commitment to undergraduate teaching in a liberal arts context.
- Evidence of a research agenda is strongly preferred.
- Commitment to progressive education for all learners, particularly those from underrepresented groups.
- A desire to work in an environment that values collaboration, diversity, student learning, and respect for all people.
- A willingness to learn about, engage in, and support accreditation requirements.
- Appreciation for the unique opportunities that teaching in an undergraduate, liberal arts institution provides to an intellectually engaged faculty member.
Completed application packets which include:
- Cover letter
- Curriculum vitae
- Statement of teaching philosophy
- Graduate transcripts
- Three letters of reference