Summary of PositionTeaching courses in Reading and other courses as appropriate at both the undergraduate and graduate level on the Big Rapids campus. Primary assignment is the Big Rapids campus. Other duties may include the supervision of student teachers, interns, off-campus instruction at regional sites, and teaching via distance learning technologies.
- Ph.D. or Ed.D. with concentration in Reading/Literacy or closely related field.
- Will consider ABD or currently enrolled in a doctoral program.
Required Work Experience
- Two years classroom teaching experience in the U.S.
- Teaching reading at K-12 or higher education.
Required Licenses and Certifications
- Teaching certification in Reading.
- Or eligible for certification.
Additional Education/Experiences to be Considered
- Master’s degree in Reading/Literacy.
- University teaching experience and additional academic preparation in Special Education (ASD. LD, or EI) or Early Childhood preferred.
- Teaching experience at the elementary education level is preferred.
Special Instructions to ApplicantsTranscript 1 (REQUIRED): Applicants must attach a copy of unofficial transcript of Ph.D. or Ed.D. degree.
Transcript 2 & 3 (OPTIONAL): Applicants must attach a copy of unofficial transcript of Master or Bachelor degree.
Transcript must include: Institution name, applicant name, date degree attained, degree awarded. Finalist will be required to submit an official transcript.
Certification (REQUIRED): Applicants must attach a copy of reading certification.
License (OPTIONAL): Applicants must attach a copy of teaching license.
- Ability to teach both Elementary and Secondary Education reading courses and graduate program courses.
- Abiity to teach methods courses and other core education courses.
- Provide clinical experience and student teacher supervision
- Actively participate with department faculty and attend monthly meetings.
- Maintain required office hours for student advising and fulfill mandatory course assessment requirements
- Provide advising to students within the School of Education
- Teach courses in Reading/Literacy and other courses as appropriate at both the undergraduate and graduate level. Primary assignment is the Big Rapids campus. Other duties may include supervision of student teachers or interns, off-campus instruction at regional sites, and teaching via distance learning technologies.
- Faculty members also have professional responsibilities which may include advising students, orientation and registration of students, participation in University committees, keeping regular posted office hours (which are scheduled at times convenient for students), and participation in traditional functions which have academic significance. Faculty members may be required to teach off-campus or in an on-line environment.