RESPONSIBILITIES: The Department of Education invites applications for the position of Assistant Professor in Special Education. Responsibilities include teaching undergraduate and graduate-level courses in special education and related topics delivered in face-to-face, hybrid and online formats; advisement/mentoring of undergraduate teacher education students and active involvement with service to the department and university. This position requires a Ph.D. or Ed.D. in Special Education or closely related field.
- Master’s Degree in Special Education/Inclusive Education with a requirement to pursue a terminal degree in the field; 18 graduate credit hours from an accredited institution or university in Special Education/Inclusive Education;
- Minimum of three years experience as a PK-12 special education teacher.
- Licensed or licensable to teach in the State of Oklahoma is required.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Ed.D. or Ph.D. in an area applicable to Special Education/Inclusive Education (ABD considered with completion by December 2019).
- Demonstrated commitment to inclusive teaching and teacher preparation, knowledge and applied skills related to students with disabilities.
- Knowledge of effective teaching practices, methods, and techniques pertaining to diversity, equity and inclusivity in PK-12 environments.
- Familiarity and experience with multiple modes of instructional delivery (face-to-face, online, hybrid)
SALARY RANGE: Commensurate with experience.
Cameron University (www.cameron.edu) is a state-supported regional institution located in Lawton, Oklahoma, that offers undergraduate and graduate degrees. Dedicated to excellence, the university provides a wide range of economic, cultural, and educational opportunities for the betterment of all citizens. Master”s-level graduate degrees are offered in business, behavioral sciences, and education; baccalaureate programs are offered in more than forty disciplines, and associate degrees are offered in many other studies.
The close proximity of Fort Sill contributes to an area rich in cultural diversity and provides the opportunity for frequent cooperative efforts. The combined community of Lawton/Fort Sill has a population of more than 100,000 and is located adjacent to the picturesque Wichita Mountains Wildlife Refuge. A copy of the University’s Annual Security Report, listing crime statistics and university policies, is available by contacting the Office of Public Safety or by accessing the report online at www.cameron.edu/ops.
APPLYING: Attachments should include a cover letter indicating experience applicable to position, resume, transcripts (unofficial are acceptable at this point), names, addresses, and telephone numbers of three professional references.
DEADLINE: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Apply online at: