George Fox University, a Christ-centered community, prepares students spiritually, academically, and professionally to think with clarity, act with integrity, and serve with passion. Professors teach all truth as God’s truth, integrating all fields of learning around the person and work of Jesus Christ, bringing the divine revelations through sense, reason, and intuition to the confirming test of Scripture. As a Christ-centered community, George Fox University is an institution that values diversity as an essential dimension of God’s design for human communities. In seeking to become a more inclusive community, we especially encourage applications from women and candidates from racial and ethnic backgrounds that are underrepresented on our faculty.
The contract includes teaching 27-credit hours across the academic year.
- Teaching mathematics pedagogy courses in the Undergraduate Teacher Education program;
- Assisting with national assessment support for mathematics and teaching general education courses within the department as needed;
- Supervising student teachers and providing practicum support;
- Working with a team for STEAM instruction and building STEAM initiatives;
- Building relevant school partnerships;
- Developing and sustaining an ongoing program of relevant scholarship;
- Participating in the work of the department and the university, including advising and serving on university committees as needed.
Applicants must have:
- Successful teaching experience in P-12;
- A terminal degree in mathematics education (required);
- A track record of current research in math education or other elementary education related topics;
- The ability to use technology to enhance education in P-12 classrooms;
- The ability to structure and maintain growth in students in the arena of mathematical pedagogy;
- The ability to teach, study, and serve in a growing and diverse community of professionals focused on preparing transformative P-12 educators;
- Knowledge of national assessments and accreditation;
- A commitment to working with a diverse population of students is essential; demonstrated experience in this area is preferred;
- All applicants must express a personal commitment to Jesus Christ and express their Christian testimony in a local church. In addition, professors agree to live in agreement with the Community Lifestyle Statement and affirm the theological commitments expressed in the Statement of Faith.
Salary and Rank
Appointment at the Assistant Professor level is anticipated, although candidates with significant teaching experience at previous institutions may be considered for appointment at the rank of Associate Professor. Salary and benefits are competitive with comparable institutions.
Application Procedures: apply only through this website
When completing the online application, please upload the following as Word or .pdf documents in the section marked Cover Letter, Curriculum Vitae, and Essay Requirement:
- Letter of Interest
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Faith and learning essay
- Statement of teaching philosophy
- Concise description of research plans
Recommendations and other supporting materials will be requested at a later stage of the review process.
Interested applicants are encouraged to apply immediately. Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.