The School of Education at Quincy University, a Catholic liberal arts university in the Franciscan tradition, seeks applicants for a tenure-track Assistant Professor of Education.
Responsibilities: The selected candidate will teach a 4:4 course load in the Elementary, Middle, and/or Secondary Education programs, as well as in the Early Childhood Education and Special Education programs, if appropriate. The candidate will advise students, contribute to curriculum and program development, participate in school-wide assessment and accreditation efforts, and provide service and outreach to the School of Education, University, and external community stakeholders, including schools and districts.
- Ph.D. or Ed.D. in Elementary Education or Curriculum and Instruction, or a closely related discipline, ABD considered
- P-12 teaching experience with diverse learners (i.e., ESL, disabilities, low SES, race/ethnicity, culture and language, literacy etc.) in urban and/or rural environments
- Current teacher licensure in elementary, middle and/or secondary fields
- Knowledge and experience with field-based programs and/or Professional Development Schools
- Computer literacy and familiarity with technological trends and best practices in schools
- Teaching experience in higher education
- Familiarity and experience with edTPA
- Experience with online or hybrid learning and instructional delivery
- Working knowledge and experience with assessment and accreditation, including familiarity with state, regional, professional, and national standards for teacher preparation
- Demonstrated experience with building and sustaining school and community partnerships
Position Start Date: August 12, 2019
Application Deadline: The position will remain open until filled.
Application Procedure: Send letter of application, C.V., teaching philosophy, research interests, teaching evaluations, and contact information to:
Dr. Glenda McCarty
Director of Teacher Education
c/o Office of Human Resources
1800 College Ave.
Quincy, IL 62301