DESCRIPTION: This search will be for one (1) tenure-track, 9-month appointment position in the Department of Educational Leadership & Counseling and will start immediately.
SALARY: Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Candidates must have-
- Earned Doctorate in Educational Leadership or related field. Must have 18 graduate hours for every field in which the applicant will teach from an accredited institution or university.
- Credentials sufficient to be an Assistant/Associate/Full Professor at Texas A&M University-Kingsville.
- Excellent communication skills. Leadership abilities with a vision to develop and enhance programs in the department.
- A record of leadership experience in public schools at the campus or district levels.
- Evidence of teaching excellence in a discipline within the department.
- Experience and/or knowledge in teaching in a hybrid or online delivery format.
- Ability and desire to address the educational needs of a diverse population.
- Willingness to collaborate and sustain a collegial environment.
- Experience chairing or serving on doctoral dissertation committees
- Experience teaching graduate and doctoral courses
- Demonstrated record of published research
- Grant writing knowledge/experience
- Academic experience teaching advanced levels of qualitative/quantitative methodology
DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATIONAL LEADERSHIP & COUNSELING:
The Department of Educational Leadership & Counseling is housed in the College of Education & Human Performance at Texas A&M University-Kingsville, a Hispanic Serving Institution. The department, with 11 full-time faculty members, offers Master’s programs in Adult Education, Counseling and Guidance, Educational Administration, Instructional Technology, a doctoral program in Educational Leadership, and a transcripted certificate in Higher Educational Administration and Leadership.
The ideal candidate will be expected to teach both graduate and doctoral level coursework in educational leadership, carry out a program of research and publication, serve on university committees, engage in professional service activities, provide student advisement, recruit for the program/department, and maintain collegial relationships with others.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Applicants must apply online by submitting the following items:
Letter of application; Curriculum vitae; Scanned transcripts; TAMUK Official Application Form; Three original letters of reference; List of references
Address questions and correspondence to:
Dr. Steve Bain, Department Chair
Department of Educational Leadership and Counseling
Texas A&M University-Kingsville
700 University Blvd; MSC 223
Kingsville TX 78363 Steve.Bain@tamuk.edu.