Ashland University’s Dwight Schar College of Education seeks applicants for an Assistant Professor of Literacy. The candidate will teach undergraduate and graduate courses in literacy. This is a tenure-track, full-time position.
Essential Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the mission of Ashland University and the College of Education.
- Support Ashland University’s philosophy of Accent on the Individual.
- Teach face-to-face, hybrid, and online courses within the College of Education.
- Contribute to the field through scholarship.
- Advise undergraduate students.
- Support adjunct faculty in the area of literacy.
- Support data collection for College of Education accreditation.
- Support continuous improvement within the College of Education.
- Provide service to the department, college and university.
- Experience teaching in a variety of instructional formats (face-to-face, hybrid, and on¬ line).
- Teaching could be on additional campus sites, as well as on main campus.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Earned doctorate in literacy or closely related field completed by August 2019.
- Five (5) years of experience working with P-12 students preferred.
- Professional teaching license/certificate.
- Experience teaching college-level courses, with experience teaching literacy courses preferred.
- A commitment to diversity.
Please submit a cover letter, current CV, official college transcripts, and three (3) letters of reference with full contact information when applying. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
401 College Ave.
Ashland, OH 44805