The School of Education at Manhattanville is seeking a Full-time Tenure Track Assistant Professor or Visiting Non-Tenure Track Instructor for Computer Science Education. Anticipated start date is August 2020.
- Develop syllabi and teach courses in newly proposed BA/MAT and MAT in Computer Science Education
- Coordinate all program requirements and teaching schedule with faculty and administration in the School of Arts and Sciences
- Assist in managing registration, advisement, and recruitment for retention, student quality, and student experience at both the undergraduate and graduate levels
- Work with Director of Field Placement and Certification to form school-college partnerships for student placements and supervision
- Supervise student teachers
- Provide student support for state-required certification exams
- Doctorate in Computer Science Education or Doctorate in Education or Masters in Education with 30 credits or more in Computer Science and evidence of current skills in Computer Science or Advanced Degree in Computer Science with significant K-12 teaching experience, required
- Teacher certification in K-12 Education (any subject or grade level) with teaching experience in Computer Science Education or related areas strongly preferred
- College teaching experience in Education strongly preferred
- Entrepreneurial initiative in program building
- Evidence of a research agenda
For consideration, send cover letter and curriculum vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org.