Elms College, located in Chicopee, MA, invites applications for the position of Assistant or Associate Professor in the Education Department. This is a nine-month, tenure-track position that will begin September 1, 2019.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Teaching four courses (both undergraduate and graduate), per semester in one or more of the following fields: special education, early childhood education, or ESL.
- Supervision of student teachers.
- Academic advising of students.
- Actively participating in Education Division committees, programs and activities.
- Actively engaging in committee work in the governance of the College.
- Adhering to College policies and procedures, as outlined in the Faculty Handbook, College policies, and in other regulatory documents.
- Upholding, promoting, and demonstrating behaviors consistent with the Mission and Core Values of the College (Faith, Community, Justice, and Excellence.)
- Earned doctorate (Ed.D. or Ph.D.) in education or a related field.
- Demonstrated teaching excellence at the college/university level required; minimum five years’ required for Associate Professor position.
- Demonstrated leadership/administrative experience preferred; minimum three years’ experience required for Associate Professor position.
- Experience in, and knowledge of, urban schools, their challenges, and their strengths.
- Minimum of five years of teaching experience in Pre-K-12 schools.
- Knowledge of Massachusetts educator licensure requirements.
- Knowledge of Massachusetts Curriculum Frameworks and Common Core Documents.
- Proficiency in the use of new technologies in the classroom, with experience in online and/or hybrid teaching preferred.
Qualified individuals should submit the following credentials:
- Letter of Interest
- Unofficial transcript for the doctoral degree
- Statement addressing past and/or potential contributions to diversity through teaching, research, professional activity and/or service
- Curriculum Vitae
Contact information for three (3) professional references to:
Director of Human Relations
Elms College is an equal opportunity educator and employer committed to attracting qualified candidates from groups underrepresented on the campus. Visit us at www.elms.edu