Department: Educational Leadership and Policy Studies
Specialization(s): Admin Leadership/School Leadership
Search # 20-022
Located in historic New Haven, a city rich in art and culture, Southern Connecticut State University is a diverse and student-centered university dedicated to academic excellence, access, and service for the public good. Southern provides a supportive and welcoming environment for all members of its community through a campus wide commitment to social justice. SCSU is a flourishing community of approximately 10,000 students, located less than three miles from downtown New Haven, with easy access to New York and Boston.
Brief Description of Duties/Responsibilities:
Southern invites applications from individuals who believe in the mission of public higher education and are committed to outstanding teaching and scholarship. Successful candidates will be disciplinary scholars devoted to a student-centric approach.
The Educational Leadership and Policy Studies Department in the School of Education is seeking to fill a full-time, tenure-track position at the rank of Assistant or Associate professor in Admin./School Leadership to begin August 2020. The teaching workload for these positions is four courses or twelve credits per semester. The successful candidate is expected to teach graduate courses in advanced Leadership and Policy Studies. Student advisement, scholarly activities, service on university committees and participation in activities that advance the department’s mission are also required of the position.
- Doctorate in Educational Leadership or similar field from an accredited institution.
- Evidence of emerging body of research, scholarship and publication.
- Interest in and ability to work in culturally-diverse settings.
- Background in instructional leadership, organizational development, and policy.
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching educational leadership courses.
- P-12 teaching/leadership experience.
- Demonstrated experience as an educational leader.
- Knowledge and skills in contemporary school reform.
- Teaching experience at the graduate level and applied knowledge of quantitative research methods.
- Serve on doctoral dissertation committees and demonstration use of technology to enhance student learning.
- Cover letter expressing interests, experiences, accomplishments, and strengths related to the position;
- Curriculum vitae;
- Statement of teaching and leadership philosophy;
- Two examples of scholarly work; and
- Names and contact information for three references.
Please submit the above materials electronically to the attention of the EDL Search Committee Chair at: EDLsearch1@southernct.edu. The position will remain open until filled.
SCSU is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer. The University seeks to enhance the diversity of its faculty and staff. People of color, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.