The Counseling Program holds CACREP accreditation in its Master’s in Counseling with specializations in Marriage, Couple and Family Counseling/Therapy; Clinical Mental Health Counseling; and School Counseling, as well as in its Ph.D. in Counseling. The Ph.D. in Counseling has a Couple, Marriage and Family Counseling/Therapy specialization. The counseling program also has a Master’s cohort in The Bahamas.
This 9-month position involves teaching, scholarship, service, and advising in the Master’s and Doctoral programs. Flexibility and a strong counselor identity are highly valued qualities, as are the ability to work collegially and collaboratively with the faculty as a team member and being student-oriented.
- Teach 6 courses per academic year in the Master’s and/or the Doctoral Program in Counseling across all specializations and at both the Miami Shores campus and The Bahamas campus
- Provide Academic advising to both Master’s and Doctoral level students
- Serve as chair, methodologist, and/or committee member of doctoral dissertations
- Serve in program, school and university committees
- Be involved in the counseling profession at the local, state, regional, national and/or international levels
- Maintain ongoing research, scholarship and professional development
- Establish and maintain community relations. Support the counseling program in other duties as determined by program administrators.
Qualifications/RequirementsCandidate must have a Ph.D. degree from a CACREP-accredited program and have teaching experience in a counseling program. Preference will be given to candidates who have:
- a Florida license (LMHC or LMFT) or are eligible OR certification in school counseling, and
- clinical experience in school counseling, clinical mental health counseling, marriage and family counseling, and/or clinical rehabilitation counseling,
- existing record or strong potential to develop scholarship through presentations and/or publications,
- demonstrated competence or potential in mentoring research and directing dissertations, and
- existing record or potential record of writing for and securing grants.
Benefits: Barry University offers a comprehensive benefits package to full-time employees that includes health, dental, vision, life insurance, retirement, tuition assistance, paid time off and work/life balance initiatives such as wellness programs, spirituality in the workplace, and training and development.Barry University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.