Southeastern Oklahoma State University Department of Behavioral Sciences invites applications for a tenure track Assistant/Associate Professor of Counseling.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to: (1) teaching graduate level courses such as Counseling Pre-Practicum, Practicum, Theories of Counseling, Assessment in Counseling, Group Counseling, Career Counseling, Research in Counseling, Psychopathology and Treatment Planning, and/or Internship supervision (2) advising and supervising graduate level students in the program, (3) site visits for Practicum/Internship, (4) participating in professional, program, department, and university committees, (6) participating in research activities with publications specific to counseling. Candidate will be expected to utilize technology and will regularly teach some on-line courses.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Teach all courses as assigned.
- Create and/or “maintain” course syllabi in accordance with CACREP/COUNSELING guidelines.
- Maintain 10 regular posted office hours per week.
- Serve on a limited number of Southeastern committees.
- Regularly communicate with the counseling program coordinator and department chair.
- Peform other duties as assigned.
ADDITIONAL PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES (FUNCTIONS, DUTIES)
- Attendance and Dependability: The employee can be depended upon to report to the assigned duty station at the scheduled time. Employee can be depended upon to complete work in a timely, accurate, and thorough manner and is conscientious, about assignments.
- Communication and Contact: The employee communicates effectively and professionally both verbally and in writing with superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside of the University.
- Relationships with Others: The employee works effectively and relates well with others including superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the University. The employee exhibits a professional manner in dealing with others and works to maintain constructive working environment.
- Safety: Employee works safely, attends safety training offered/required, and follows appropriate safety rules and regulations. In relation to level of NIMs training completed, participates in incident management preparation and performs incident duties as assigned.
MINIMUM EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE
- REQUIRED: PH.D or Ed.D in Counselor Education from a CACREP institution or teaching experience in a CACREP-ACCREDITED program. Will consider ABD with completion by August 2019.
- PREFERRED: The preferred candidate will be licensed as a mental health provider or license-eligible or certified as a school counselor; specialty in psychopharmacology and/or addiction counseling a real plus. If the preferred candidate is licensed in another state and offered the position, the candidate must seek licensure in Oklahoma or Texas. Candidate needs to provide evidence of effective interpersonal skills, as well as knowledge and application of skills as a Counselor Educator. The preferred candidate will have experience working with ethnically, culturally, and linguistically diverse populations.
Southeastern Oklahoma State University, founded in 1909 as a teacher college, continues the strong tradition of producing outstanding educators for southeast Oklahoma and north Texas. Student enrollment on the campus(s) is approximately 4,500 and the campus is situated in rural Oklahoma. The main campus is located in Durant, Oklahoma, which is 80 miles north of Dallas, Texas, and 150 miles southeast of Oklahoma City. The community is close to Lake Texoma and the Choctaw Casino Resort. Southeastern Oklahoma State University continues to be among the nation’s most affordable universities according to the U. S. News & World Report’s America’s Best colleges.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.
Employment is contingent upon the results of a national criminal and sex offender background check. Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States. To apply send a completed application for faculty employment, letter of interest, curriculum vitae, and unofficial transcripts or e-copies from each institution of higher education attended (if selected, official transcripts from each degree-granting institution will be required upon date of hire) to:
SE is an AA/EEO employer committed to multicultural diversity.
Human Resources, Administration Building 309 Southeastern Oklahoma State University 425 W. University Blvd., Durant, OK 74701 Or email to email@example.com