The Spadoni College of Education at Coastal Carolina University announces a full-time tenure track position in Educational Leadership, beginning August 2019 with the possibility of summer teaching.
The College offers the Master of Education, Education Specialist, and Doctoral degrees in Educational Leadership. These programs are designed to provide advanced professional studies in graduate-level coursework for candidates who are interested in becoming principals, superintendents, or district-level leaders, and are committed to excellence in student success. Graduates will become well-qualified professionals as they further their knowledge of the functions of a high-achieving school in areas such as curriculum, instruction, management, personnel, finance, school law, public relations and the many facets of student achievement. Graduates of the programs can apply the theories and skills learned in the classroom to real situations. Numerous opportunities are provided to work with teachers, students, experienced principals, and district-level leaders in clinical experiences and learn how to meet the demands of leadership. The programs will prepare these school leaders to be committed to continuous growth because they will understand that the body of knowledge needed to lead schools is growing and changing. Program graduates become effective leaders who create and maintain high quality schools. Additional information about the programs can be found at: https://www.coastal.edu/education/academicprograms/edel/
Additionally, the successful candidate will be expected to collaborate with the program coordinator and other program faculty to: actively participate in established and new program curriculum and assessments development, implementation, and analysis; provide advisement and mentorship to students; participate in program, departmental, college, and university governance; represent the program with external constituencies; provide assistance with the recruitment and retention of students; and engage in relevant professional activities and scholarship.
- earned Ph.D./Ed.D. degree in Educational Administration or Educational Leadership or a closely related discipline with a strong content background in educational administration;
- a minimum of three years of successful experience as school-based and/or district office administrator;
- the potential for excellence in teaching at the university level, specifically graduate level;
- a sensitivity to issues of diversity and difference that face educators in rural, suburban, and urban school settings;
- excellent oral and written communication skills;
- the potential to collaboratively work with university and public school colleagues and build partnerships; and,
- knowledge of and ability to integrate effective technology into teaching and learning.
- Experience teaching courses in Educational Leadership at the Masters, Educational Specialist, and/or Doctoral level (including hybrid and online courses);
- Experience with program assessment and accreditation;
- Experience with coordinating programs and/or organizational leadership;
- Experience teaching adult learners; or
- Successful experience as a Superintendent and/or district office administrator.
The Spadoni College of Education is an NCATE accredited institution. More than 1,200 undergraduate and graduate students are currently majoring in education programs at Coastal Carolina University. The Spadoni College of Education offers undergraduate programs in early childhood education, elementary education, middle level education, physical education, and special education. Graduate programs include the Master of Arts in Teaching degree with concentrations in English, social studies, mathematics, science, art and music; Master of Education and Educational Specialists degrees in Educational Leadership; Master of Education and Educational Specialists degrees in Instructional Technology, and a Master of Education Degree in Learning and Teaching with concentrations in instructional technology, special education, and literacy. The College is in preliminary stages of planning for the implementation of a terminal degree.
Coastal Carolina University is a public comprehensive liberal arts institution located just nine miles from the Atlantic coast resort of Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. Coastal enrolls more than 10,000 students from 45 states and 58 nations. The University is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award the baccalaureate and selective master’s degrees of national and/or regional significance in the arts and sciences, business, humanities, education, and health and human services, a specialist degree in educational leadership, and a Ph.D. degree in Marine Science, as well as a Ph.D. in Education.
Interested candidates should submit: a letter of application (outlining interest in the position with specified qualifications and approach to teaching), current curriculum vitae, copies of transcripts of all graduate work (copies are acceptable at this time), and a list of at least three (3) professional references. All information and material must be submitted electronically at http://jobs.coastal.edu. Applicants that are invited for interviews must provide official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate work prior to visiting campus. To ensure full consideration application must be received before December 14, 2018. Review of applications and materials will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Coastal Carolina University is building a culturally diverse faculty and strongly encourages applications from women and minority candidates. Coastal Carolina University is an EO/AA employer.