The Virginia Tech School of Education is inviting applications for the position of Associate Director in the Office of Educational Research and Outreach (OERO). This person will further build and advance the sponsored research and outreach activities of the School of Education. The position is a tenured, 12-month appointment at the rank of Associate Professor. The position will begin August 10, 2019.
Virginia Tech has a strong commitment to the diversity of its faculty, staff, and students. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
The Associate Director in the Office of Educational Research and Outreach provides faculty support within the School of Education and serves a central role in further building and advancing a highly productive sponsored educational research portfolio as well as supporting and coordinating School of Education outreach activities. In particular, the responsibilities of the Associate Director include:
- Supporting School of Education faculty in pursuing and administering sponsored research and outreach projects.
- Serving as primary liaison with the VT Office of Sponsored Programs, other university entities, and external funding agencies.
- Providing regulatory guidance and oversight of budgets and expenditures of sponsored research and outreach programs.
- Supervising grant-funded centers in the School of Education.
- Managing OERO personnel, operations, budget, and resources.
- Engaging in scholarly activity consistent with the rank of Associate Professor, including occasional travel to attend professional conferences.
- Teaching one course per year in a program in the School of Education.
- An earned doctoral degree in Education or related field aligned with one of the programs within the School of Education by date of appointment (August 10, 2019)
- Extensive grant submissions and acquisitions
- Knowledgeable in research methodology and skills
- A vision for fostering interdisciplinary collaborations that will lead to new grant and outreach activities
- Record of scholarship, teaching, and outreach/service sufficient to warrant tenure as an Associate Professor in the School of Education
- Extensive knowledge of sponsored programs budgeting and finance
- Experience networking and collaborating with a variety of entities
- Supervisory or management experience
Must have a conviction check?
The position is a tenured, 12-month appointment at the rank of Associate Professor. The position will begin August 10, 2019. Employment is contingent upon submission of official university transcripts and a criminal background check.
How to Apply for this Job:
Application materials must be submitted online at www.jobs.vt.edu., job posting TR0180183. Please submit (1) a cover letter detailing your qualifications for the position and vision for the Office of Educational Research and Outreach, (2) a curriculum vitae, (3) two examples of scholarly writing that exemplify your qualifications for the position, and (4) names and contact information for three references. Review of applications will continue until position is filled.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire accommodation please contact the hiring department or contact University ADA Services http://oea.vt.edu/ada-accessibility-services.html with any questions.