The University of Tampa, a medium sized, comprehensive, private university is seeking to fill the position of Associate Director of Leadership and Diversity Education. This position supports the development of community engagement, diversity and inclusion and leadership co-curricular activities that are grounded in student learning outcomes. This position reports to the Director of Office of Student Leadership and Engagement. As a member of the Office of Student Affairs, this position will uphold the values of diversity and inclusion, collaboration, personal responsibility, professionalism and community and citizenship. The work of this position will intentionally align with strategic priorities to advance the mission and vision of student affairs which results in student learning and support for students to grow as global citizens.
- Teach two courses annually in the Leadership Minor program including LED200 (Introduction to Leadership Studies).
- Supervise the Coordinator of Student Competency Development Programs.
- Hire, train, and supervise seven student coordinators.
- Facilitate 2 Fall E.L.I.T.E. Leadership Retreats.
- Coordinate Quest to Spartan Ready in collaboration with academic partners and the Coordinator of Student Competency Development Programs.
- Oversee the Leadership Exchange program in partnership with the Coordinator of Student Competency Development Programs.
- Coordinate the Spartan Ready excursion program and include new, robust opportunities.
- Advise the Diversity Fellowship, plan and implement new organizational structure.
- Support diversity and inclusion focused student organizations.
- Lead the Spartan Sustained Dialogue program, including advising the Spartan Sustained Dialogue student organization.
- Support student organizations planning annual campus-wide events including Black History Luncheon and Diversity Week.
- Collaborate with campus partners (Residence Life, Wellness, Academic Affairs, etc.) on campus-wide diversity and inclusion training and programming.
- Serve as a liaison between the Dean of Students Diversity Advisory Group and the diversity and inclusion focused student organizations.
- Oversee programming budgets.
- Establish strategic and measurable learning goals for areas of governance, intentionally create environments/programs to facilitate student learning and development, and assess at regular intervals.
- Build a positive rapport with students, staff, and faculty by maintaining availability, visibility, and a genuine, concerned attitude.
- Master’s degree in higher education or related field required.
- Three to four years of full-time, relevant higher education experience in community, diversity and inclusion or leadership programming required.
- Demonstrated proactive leadership in development of student affairs programs and collaborative relationships.
- Previous higher education teaching experience and ability to create curriculum required.
- Previous supervision experience required.
- Strong and broad knowledge of student development theory including identity development models.
- Understanding of The Social Change Model for leadership development.
- Excellent written, oral, interpersonal and organizational skills, as well as the ability to manage time wisely.
- Flexible hours required to support evening and weekend events.
- Knowledge of FERPA laws as they apply to disclosure of private information required.
- Ability to learn and use different campus wide databases.
- Proficiency with MS Office Programs.
- Knowledge of or the ability to learn quickly The University of Tampa software programs such as Workday.
- Willingness to embrace new technologies and innovative organizational practices.
For further details and to apply on-line, please visit our website at www.ut.edu/jobs Applicants should be prepared to attach a cover letter and resume.
The University of Tampa is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.