During the application process you have one opportunity to upload documents as a combined PDF. The page “My Experience” has an area provided under Resume/CV to drop or upload the file.
This one combined PDF must include:
- Cover Letter
- Three professional references with complete contact information (Unsolicited letters of recommendation will not be considered).
- Transcripts – If required for the position (Unofficial will be accepted with application. Official transcripts are required at time of verbal offer).
If transcripts are from an international institution, it is the responsibility of the prospective faculty member to have the transcripts translated and evaluated by an approved credential evaluator.
All documents must be electronically submitted through the Texas A&M Online Employment Services website to be considered. Incomplete or improperly submitted applications may be excluded from consideration.
Clinical Instructor of Curriculum & Instruction–Qualified candidates must have a masters in Early Childhood Education, or Reading or Curriculum & Instruction. The position will begin in the Fall 2019 semester, and will include teaching, advising and additional duties in Corsicana, main campus, the Mesquite Metroplex campus, Collin Higher Education Center (CHEC) in McKinney, online and/or other locations. Candidates must demonstrate a record of (or potential for) teaching in higher education, research and publications, grant procurement, and a desire for continuous learning.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- advising and teaching undergraduate students;
- designing, implementing, and publishing research;
- team teaching field-based courses;
- serving as a liaison to observe and mentor students in field-based settings;
- working collaboratively with faculty and staff to implement departmental programs and Student Learning Outcome Assessments;
- working with public school partners and community colleges on collaborative projects and mutual goals;
- providing professional development and mentor teacher training;
- providing service to the department, college, university and public schools, and community; and
- continuous learning to stay current with research, best practices in teaching, technological applications in the classroom, and online teaching.
- Education: Earned master’s in early childhood education, Reading or Curriculum & Instruction or related discipline with 18 master level hours in ECE or reading.
- Experience / Knowledge / Skills: A minimum of 3 years PK-6 public school classroom teaching experience.
- Licensing/Professional Certification: Current Texas Certification
- Preferred Licensing/Professional Certification: Texas K-6 Generalist Teacher Certification with Reading specialization or endorsement.
- Scholarly publication record or scholarly potential.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively with a team of professionals.
Preferred Experience: University level teaching experience; experience in field-based teacher education programs, , and online teaching experience.
Texas A&M University-Commerce is committed to promotion of diversity and thus the candidate should facilitate a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and ability to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds. The candidate should have an understanding and knowledge of multicultural and diversity issues, and their potential applications to pedagogy, programming, and service activity. Other duties as required.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.