SUNY New Paltz is seeking a tenure-track Clinical Instructor to join its Counselor Education Program (housed within the Psychology Department). The individual will serve as the practicum and internship coordinator for the Counselor Education Program, as well as teach 3 graduate level courses per semester. Duties include:
- Training counselor education students
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with practicum and internship institutions (i.e., mental health agencies, clinics, and hospitals, as well as school districts and individual schools within those districts) and supervisors; includes securing affiliation agreements between the college and these institutions, as well as addressing all associated administrative responsibilities, duties, and tasks
- Coordinating and overseeing practicum and internship placements for all counselor education students
- Providing students with all necessary procedural and site information to ensure their readiness and ability to apply and enroll in practicum and internship courses
- Providing training sessions for supervisors to ensure they are appropriately trained and understand the roles, responsibilities, and expectations of themselves, their institutions, the counselor education program, and the counselor education students
- Teaching school counseling and/or mental health counseling courses such as Ethics & Professional Identity, Professional Roles in Counseling, Counseling Theories, Counseling Skills, Psychopathology, Assessment, Human Growth and Development, Group Dynamics and Counseling, and Multicultural Counseling.
- Doctoral degree in counselor education, preferably from a CACREP-accredited program or related doctoral degree and full-time faculty employment as a member in a counselor education program for a minimum of one full academic year before July 1, 2013. Excellent ABD candidates with a firm date of completion, preferably by August 1, 2020, will be considered.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to build successful professional and mentoring relationships
- Clinical training and/or experience as a school counselor and/or mental health counselor
- Certified or eligible for certification as a school counselor and/or licensed or eligible for licensure as a mental health counselor in New York State
- Evidence of teaching effectiveness
Special Instructions to Applicants
Electronic submission required. Candidates are required to submit a cover letter, CV, and full data from student evaluations of courses (if available). Professional references provided by applicant will receive an email with link to upload reference letter. To apply, please visit https://jobs.newpaltz.edu