Gallaspy College of Education and Human Development
Northwestern State University
POSITION: Director of School of Education; Associate Professor or Professor- Education
The School of Education within the Gallaspy Family College of Education and Human Development at Northwestern State University of Louisiana is seeking applications for 12 month unclassified/faculty position of Director/Professor or Associate Professor of the School of Education (SOE). Academic rank and salary are commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Applications will be accepted until Friday, October 15, 2018.
The start date for the position is January 7, 2019.
The School of Education offers undergraduate degrees in Child and Family Studies, Early Childhood Education, Elementary Education, Health and Physical Education, Music Education and Secondary Education. Advanced degrees are available in Adult Learning and Development, Counseling, Curriculum and Instruction, Early Childhood Education, Educational Leadership, Educational Technology Leadership, Special Education, and Student Affairs in Higher Education.
The candidate must hold an earned Ph.D./Ed.D. in an Education related field. Applicants should have appropriate credentials, academic training, experience, and scholarly production to warrant appointment as associate professor or professor and membership on Northwestern’s graduate faculty. Applicants should provide evidence of skills in teaching, recruitment and personnel management, fiscal management, scheduling of classes, student retention, assessment processes, accreditation, and current knowledge of web-based course management systems.
- Assuming academic and fiscal control of the School of Education, including supervision of 20+ degree programs, 25+ full time faculty, two administrative staff, and 35+ adjuncts.
- Serving as the instructional leader of the school. This role involves creativity, public relations, faculty development, curriculum development, promotion of programs, and in general, the quest for academic excellence in the areas under supervision.
- Scheduling classes in a manner that will achieve cost effectiveness and student success.
- Participating in all official Northwestern State University functions labeled as such by the President or Vice President (e.g., commencement, N-Side View, convocation, faculty in-service)
- Be committed to excellence in teaching, service, and professional growth and scholarship.
- Participating in scholarly activities appropriate to your discipline or position.
- Serve as a primary liaison with the Louisiana Department of Education, Board of Regents, and Board of Elementary and Secondary Education (BESE) for certification matters.
- Support the Dean of the Gallaspy College of Education and Human Development, Vice President for Academic Affairs, and President in the goals of the college and university.
- Teaching classes in a manner that will promote academic excellence.
- Maintaining a 40 hour work week as required by University policy.
- Creating and maintaining a positive, student-oriented, and caring academic atmosphere.
- Maintaining a collegial relationship with peers and colleagues throughout the University.
- Acknowledging and complying with the University of Louisiana System Board of Supervisors Compensatory Time Policy, for unclassified annual leave earning employees.
- Acknowledging and complying with those mandates of the Constitution and laws of the State of Louisiana which regulates the activity and employment of state employees including but not limited to the “Code of Governmental Ethics”, “LA R.S. 42:1101 et seq”, and “Dual Office Holding and Dual Employment LA R.S. 42:61 et seq”.
- Representing the school and Gallaspy College of Education and Human Development in a professional manner in all activities.
- Maintains confidentiality in accordance with federal laws and program policy.
Qualified applicants should send a letter of application, curriculum vitae, copies of transcripts, and complete contact information (names, addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses) for three (3) professional references to:
Dr. Kimberly McAlister, Dean, Gallaspy College of Education and Human Development, Northwestern State University, Natchitoches, LA 71497, or electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org
The University is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Women, minorities, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.