ACU is affiliated with the fellowship of the Church of Christ. All applicants must be professing Christians and willing to support the Christian mission and purpose of Abilene Christian University while employed by the university.
Department:College of Graduate and Professional Studies
Employee Class:Faculty GPS
- Facilitate student learning
- Teach 18 credit hours a year in the online Ed.D program, using the developed online course
- Communicate regularly with students
- Evaluate student learning, giving rich feedback in a timely manner
- Make suggestions for course improvement
- Be available to students via email, phone or other means
- Assign and submit grades in a timely manner and maintain student records according to FERPA regulations
- Advise students in their research
- Participate in program development and improvement
- Work with other faculty and administrators in program curriculum, policies and procedures
- Mentor junior and adjunct faculty
- Contribute to learning assessment including the development of learning outcomes, selection and development of assessment instruments and in the interpretation and application of results
- Participate in the faculty evaluation process
- Serve the college, university and profession
- Serve on standing and ad hoc college and university committees, advisory groups, dissertation committees, and other working groups within the university
- Participate in professional or scholarly organizational related to the discipline or to research
- Remain current in the program discipline and/or research methodology, including formal and informal professional development
- Participate in university professional development activities
- Continue an active inquiry agenda related to the discipline
- Terminal degree in Leadership, Education, Management, Organizational Psychology or related field
- Record of successful teaching experience, preferable at the graduate level
- Evidence of working with doctoral level students, preferable in the dissertation process
- Active scholarship and research agenda
- Evidence of writing skill and the ability to mentor students in research related writing
- Previous online teaching/facilitating experience with demonstrated effectiveness
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to communicate clearly in writing
- Mission fit
- Organized, time management, and self-directed
Department InformationACU’s online Doctor of Education in organizational leadership is designed to equip leaders to make a difference in their workplaces, schools and communities – all while continuing to work.
Our program is organized around five core competencies: personal development, resource development, collaboration and communication, organizational assessment, and organizational culture. Upon completing the Doctor of Education in Organizational Development program, students will know not only how to lead, but to lead with purpose based upon the foundation of Christian vocation.
Additional Information:ACU does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, disability, genetic information, national or ethnic origin in employment opportunities, in keeping with applicable state and federal law.
ACU is committed to maintaining a safe and secure campus environment and protecting the university’s financial and physical assets. Therefore, Abilene Christian University conducts background checks on all candidates for employment in security sensitive positions.