River Grove, IL
Triton College, a comprehensive two year institution located in a near western suburb of Chicago, is seeking Education Faculty, to join our team.
Triton College is a collaborative environment where all employees are respected and their talents are valued. Triton supports its diverse workforce of more than 1,600 employees by providing vast professional development opportunities that encourage input and creativity. Generous benefits are available to ensure the health and wellness of employees and their families – and ample paid time off allows for a work/life balance that promotes personal and professional growth.
The Full-Time Education faculty is responsible for providing quality instruction of education courses, being a contributing member of the Education Department, and participating in service work as well as becoming an active member of the college community.
1. Directly responsible to the Department Chairperson or appropriate administrator.
2. Instructs students in the facts, skills, and appreciations pertaining to the assigned courses.
3. Considers the general and special needs of the students, assists them in meeting their problems, and when necessary, seeks additional help from other college services.
4. Informs students of educational and occupational opportunities.
5. Observes schedule as approved by the department chairperson/ program coordinator and appropriate administrator.
6. Cooperates with the department chairperson/program coordinator, department members, and the appropriate administrators in the development of the curriculum, in the preparation and update of course syllabi, course outlines, and the selection of textbooks.
7. Recommends library books and other instructional materials.
8. Assists in the organization and meetings of advisory committees where applicable.
9. Consults with department chairperson/coordinator on matters pertaining to departmental problems; observes proper channels of communications.
10. When needed, maintains an inventory of assigned equipment and supplies.
11. Submits midterm and final grade reports, deficiency notices, attendance records, and any other reports pertaining to the assigned course.
12. Participates in the formation of policies and regulations and assists in enforcing the regulations.
Informs department chairperson/program coordinator in writing of any pending problem that might have a detrimental effect on the college.
13. Participates in faculty and professional organizations.
14. Attends scheduled monthly departmental/program meetings when there is no conflict with a professional responsibility.
15. Distributes to all students each term a course outline which covers the class requirements, grading procedure, attendance requirements, and objectives the instructor feels are appropriate.
1. Master’s degree in Education or related field
1. Minimum of five (5) years teaching experience in an elementary, middle, or secondary school setting
1. Professional Educator Licensure
1. Community College teaching experience; including online instruction
1. Teach Education courses at a variety of times throughout the day based on departmental needs
2. Instruction of courses utilizing best practices which include active student engagement, technology, and differentiated methodology
3. Generate a classroom culture that is sensitive and inclusive of diverse backgrounds and experiences
4. Meet the general and special needs of all students, and when necessary, seeks additional help from and/or refer students to other college support services.
5. Provide multiple modes for student access which include posted office hours, email, and other appropriate methods and responds to student inquiries in a timely manner
6. Evaluate students on an ongoing basis throughout the semester and provide timely feedback of their progress
7. Inform students of relevant educational and occupational opportunities
8. Utilize approved course objectives in the development of course syllabi and course materials
DEPARTMENTAL & INSTITUTIONAL SERVICE WORK:
1. Participate in activities such as department meetings, advisory committee meetings, and program run events
2. Collaborate with other department faculty on curriculum work including revision of courses, program revision, dual credit, and creating and revising articulation agreements with area
3. Collect, analyze, and report on course and program level assessment data
4. Maintain membership on a minimum of one college-wide committee, support efforts for college-wide continual improvement, and become an active member of the Triton College Community
To apply, please visit our website at:
Triton College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution.