Mount St. Joseph University invites qualified applications for a full-time, tenure-track Assistant Professor position in the School of Education to begin August 2019. The successful candidate will have a strong background in Literacy and Reading Science. Leadership experience is preferred.
The successful candidate should hold a doctorate in education and have significant experience teaching students grades pre-K -12. Requirements include experience preparing practitioners in evidence-based educational practices; experience working with diverse students, families, and schools; and a proven record of undergraduate and/or graduate teaching. The candidate will be expected to teach a variety of courses in the undergraduate and graduate education programs. Additional responsibilities may include:
- Developing and publishing research in a sustained line of inquiry
- Advising students
- Supervising students in the field
- Monitoring and refining degree programs
- Supporting student recruitment efforts
- Providing service to the undergraduate or graduate program, department, university, and the professional community
- Demonstrated ability and commitment towards diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Other duties as assigned
Applicants should upload (1) a letter of intent expressing in detail, how you meet the required qualifications for this position and your research interest; (2) a curriculum vitae; and (3) three references that include contact information on our website. Official copies of graduate and undergraduate transcripts should be mailed directly to the School of Education. A review of applications will continue until the position is filled. Questions about the position should be directed to Dr. Laura Saylor at firstname.lastname@example.org
A review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.