The Department of Counseling, Educational Psychology, and Foundations invites applications for the position of Department Head and Associate or Full Professor. This is a 12-month tenured position. The department offers an undergraduate curriculum in educational psychology, and also offers graduate programs in the areas of counseling, school psychology, educational psychology, and foundations.
The department head will be expected to initiate and lead program development, evaluate and support personnel, oversee the fiscal responsibilities of the department, and strive to maintain a positive environment for learning and research. As such, the department head is responsible for routinely evaluating and mentoring faculty, overseeing the tenure and promotion process, coordinating faculty workload and the scheduling of courses, and providing professional development opportunities for both faculty and staff.
Successful candidates are expected to recruit and retain students while promoting the programs offered by the department. The department head is expected to support the strategic goals of the department and college and maintain a climate that is hospitable and encourages faculty engagement, participation, collegiality, and innovation.
The successful candidate will meet the following:
- Hold an earned doctorate from an accredited research university related to one of the department’s program areas
- A record of scholarly achievement in research, service, and teaching at the college or university level
- Have obtained rank of associate professor
- Qualify for tenure at Mississippi State University
- A demonstrated record of experience in graduate education (teaching, advising, and the coordination and directing of theses and dissertations)
- Possess a demonstrated record of administrative experience
- Familiarity with accreditation standards and the processes required for maintaining such
- Membership and/or leadership in related professional societies and organizations
- Obtained or eligible for Full Professor Rank
Applicants are invited to complete the full application at www.msujobs.msstate.edu. Applicants must submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae, copies of transcripts, and contact information for five references.
For inquiries about the position or the department, please contact Dr. Eric Moyen at 662.325.0969 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidates may find more information regarding the department at: