Full-time Professors may teach undergraduate and/or graduate courses within a programmatic core discipline as assigned and/or guide doctoral candidates through doctoral dissertation requirements (as Chair or committee member). This position also provides content expertise to the Dean in areas of Education. Primary responsibility is to engage students, offer excellent feedback, and inspire students to achieve course and program outcomes relevant to the core discipline. This position works closely with other faculty teaching in the discipline, Associate Director of Faculty Support and Development, Department Chair, Associate Dean and Dean.
The role of Professor may include teaching courses within a programmatic core discipline as assigned, acting as a Dissertation Chair and/or acting as a Dissertation Committee Member.
- Demonstrates a commitment to Northcentral’s vision, mission, and goals and those of the School of Education.
- Promotes a graduate culture of scholarship, teaching, service, and practice.
- Demonstrates commitment to and capacity for Teaching through Engagement and using the NCU One-to-One, apprenticeship style teaching model.
- Teaches masters and/or doctoral courses in Education Programs.
- Participates in initial and ongoing training.
- Contributes to developing training materials and provides input on improving training, courses, and processes.
- Participates in trial use of new technologies and integrates new technologies into their teaching.
- Participates in faculty and staff meetings.
- Maintains contact with students via phone, video conferencing, and email through their courses.
- Works collaboratively with Academic Advisors to ensure student engagement and success.
- Exercises academic freedom in teaching course content and achieving learning outcomes in accordance with University policy, procedures, and curricula.
- Participates in program and student assessment procedures, program review, and accreditation efforts.
- Performs all educational services in accordance with NCU policies and procedures, the Family Education Rights to Privacy Act, Northcentral University’s Code of Conduct and all other state and federal laws.
- Complete all required professional development activities as defined in the Faculty Handbook.
- Tasks and projects as assigned by the Dean, or NCU administrators.
- Reasonable and consistent attendance to fulfill requirements of the position.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Skill in verbal and written communication.
- Skill in operating equipment, such as personal computer, fax, copier, phone systems.
- Ability to handle a diversity of details in order to make informed and responsive decisions on matters that impact the adjunct faculty, and students.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and governing body regulations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, with a proven ability to provide timely, accurate information on a variety of academically oriented subjects to both internal and external constituents.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and other application in the Microsoft Office suite.
Education and Experience
- Doctorate degree in Education or a related field from a regionally accredited institution, PhD preferred.
- Online teaching experience preferred.
- Curriculum development experience preferred.
- Experience with the online delivery of education and the systems that support it.
- Proficiency in the use of technology in the delivery of education.
- Experience in Higher Education preferred.
- Experience working in a technology-driven enterprise preferred.
- All skills, abilities and education will be considered for minimum qualifications.
This position operates in a remote, home office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, printers, and phones.
NCU will not sponsor applicants for work visas.
Who We Are
Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally-relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university. As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in healthcare and marriage and family therapy. NCU boasts a one-to-one learning model—one student is paired with one professor in each course—to create a more personalized, individual experience for students enhanced by their professors’ real-world experience. NCU professors all hold doctoral degrees, and none of our programs have residency requirements, affording students access to NCU programs no matter where they live.
Additionally, with the exception of the Department of Marriage and Family Sciences, within the School of Social and Behavioral Sciences, all of NCU’s programs are delivered 100% online.
NCU has its headquarters in San Diego, California and administrative offices in Scottsdale, Arizona, and NCU students, alumni and faculty reside in more than 50 countries. NCU is an excellent choice for professionals around the world who share our passion for excellence. We envision growth trends to continue, and eagerly seek highly-credentialed and enthusiastic individuals to join our team.
Are you ready to take advantage of this exciting opportunity to join a growing team of passionate individuals who work together to help others fulfill their dreams through higher education?