The primary responsibility of this position is to teach online courses as part of the technology and engineering education graduate and undergraduate degree programs.
- Teaching TECH and STEMED courses in Department of Technology in a primarily online environment. May include F2F delivery.
- Recruiting and advising a diverse student population.
- Engaging in appropriate service in the department, university, and academic community.
- Ongoing evaluation and upgrading of standards-based course content and supporting activities.
- Developing professionally and staying current with course content, evaluating teaching methods and working to improve student learning and engagement.
- M.Ed. or M.S. degree. Demonstrated experience delivering STEM-based content and activities with emphasis in technology and engineering. Demonstrated methodology knowledge appropriate to area.
- Ability to work with others in a collegial and collaborative manner
- Degree content area in technology and engineering, STEM education, or industrial technology education
- Doctorate in relevant content area
- Experience teaching in one of the following: integrated STEM education; Engineering by Design (ITEEA); Project Lead the Way
- Documented experience delivering through online or interactive video delivery
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Standards for Technological Literacy (ITEEA, 2000)
- Teaching experience in K-12 and/or post-secondary
- Advising experience with diverse populations
- Demonstrated experience utilizing technology in learning
The salary for this position is commensurate with qualifications, and typically ranges from $41,000 (Instructor) to $45,000 (Assistant Professor) annually. VCSU offers a comprehensive benefits package, including employer paid full family health insurance coverage, as well as TIAA retirement, tuition assistance, and much more. For more information, visit our Employee Benefits page. This position is a 9-month, full-time position. In some cases, summer duties may be arranged through an additional contract.
Submit all required materials online, including a cover letter, curriculum vitae (CV), contact information for three references, and unofficial copies of your transcripts. Reference letters will be solicited automatically from the references you list via email, for finalists only. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that correct email addresses are submitted for each of the three required references.
University and Community
Recognized as a “Best College” by U.S. News for the past 21 years, VCSU offers one of the best academic values in the Midwest. VCSU was founded as a teacher’s college in 1890, earning a prestigious reputation for producing some of the best educators in the area. Since then, VCSU’s undergraduate offerings have continued to grow and now include a range of programs. VCSU offers more than 80 undergraduate programs in art, business, communication arts, computer systems and software engineering, education, health and physical education, language and literature, mathematics, music, science, social science, and technology education. An online Master of Education degree program is also available.
The 55-acre campus, one of the most attractive in North Dakota, is bordered on the south by a forested hillside and on the north by the Sheyenne River. Campus architecture features a graceful blend of historic and modern buildings. The entire campus is listed on the National Register of Historic Places as a Historic District. VCSU is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC), the National Council for the Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE), the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (CAATE), and the National Association of Schools of Music (NASM). The university is located in the southeastern part of the state in the city from which the institution takes its name. Valley City has a population of approximately 6,500 and is located 60 miles west of Fargo on Interstate 94, making the campus easily accessible both from the east and west. The location of the community lends itself to cultural and recreational activities, and the newly constructed Gaukler Wellness Center offers a variety of services to members.
Direct inquiries about the position to Search Committee Chair, Peder Gjovik. Email: email@example.com, Phone: 701-845-7448. For accommodation or assistance in the application or interview process, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions about the status of your application or reference letters, please email email@example.com. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Valley City State University encourages applications from minorities, women, and disabled persons, and pledges not to discriminate with respect to color, nation of origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, status due to receipt of public assistance, or disability as specified in Federal Regulations. Preference will be given to candidates able to demonstrate eligibility to work in the United States. This position is subject to North Dakota Veteran’s Preference procedure.